Playing first MMORPG , need some help .

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Rockybarbosa.4120

Rockybarbosa.4120

Hello everyone . I have started playing Guild wars 2 from last month and its pretty awesome . I am currently level 18 . And my character is Human , guardian . I only go to place with level 1-15 and do hearts mission and other random mission . So it feels like i am playing a Single Player game just like Skyrim . Haven’t started Crafting , WVW , PVP yet . So need ideas how to get the feel of MMORPG game .

Also the combat seems to be a little boring and repetitive , is it because of my profession ?

thanks .

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Sadly, it highly depends on your game area and friends. MMO games are social games and in most of them you’d need to play with a friend to have the feel of the games. I would suggest you to do the steps ahead and i hope that helps.

1: Find a guild or a friend, someone to play with as a new player without spoiler you about what comes next or what to do to skip X or Y.
2: Start another character in another town. There is no doubt that Human’s starting area (Queensdale) gets more attention and the 75% of the low population always goes there. If you are a charr, a sylvari or an asura, you are probably not finding kitten many people as you could if you started a human.
2.5: Just enter your town, find the purple asura portal, travel to the main hub in the game and then find the portal to Divinity reach, from there you can go to Queensdale with your guardian.
3: Eventually, you will notice that you are in a learning curve. So far you are level 18 but you have learned how to play the basics. In a game like this, most people don’t want to team up with players that don’t know how to play because they are slow, because of that, teaming usually happens after level 40-50, and it’s mandatory at lvl 80.
- Have patience, you are alone because you are in the single player events. You will get to the big group events with time.
4: Find the big zergs events, 50-100 players. I won’t suggest to be always doing those events, but once in a while they are refreshing. To get a list of those events you can go to http://www.gw2-eventos.tk as example. Sadly it doesn’t says where the events happens, but gw2 have a good community and if you ask something like this in the chat map: “hi, someone can tell me where behemoth appear?”. That’s an example, but i bet someone will lnk you out the place to go.
- There is 4 level 15 events, you will be able to go at least to 1 of them.

At higher levels, such as 80, you will find out that you are 95% with players, doing big events, dungeons or just party with them, you will probably find friends in the game and that’s what makes a MMO fun imo. You will also notice that you are changing your skills and traits for each fight, and most of the times you are playing with 30 skills in mind instead of just the 10 that you can see. You will start managing weapon swaps just to use a skill from another weapon and the fights will be more fun than now.

Finally i would like to recommend you to try out some other proffesions. Engineers are really fun to fight with because they got about 40-50 skills if you equip their utilities skills with kits of weapons. Each skill would replace your weapon and you would have 5 different skills from each set, quite challenging to remember but fun.

Take care! And don’t give up, the best stuff always happens at higher levels.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en espaƱol / Spanish raiding guides

(edited by Elrey.5472)

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

Hey man, if you give me a /w in game I could invite you into TALE it’s a friendly guild full of players like yourself who we help progress/learn :P

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem