Playing with People on Other Worlds

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Q:

Is this in any way possible?

I didn’t go to the server of my guildie from GW1 because I assumed that guesting would be enabled fairly early on (I suppose we still could with free world transfers – at least I’m assuming, but I’d prefer not to). Same with another person I met in GW2 (though they’re both on different servers).

I’d at least like to play with (at least one of) them for dungeons and perhaps storyline if nothing else.

My guild only has three level 80s and one level 25, so 1-2 more would make a nice, rounded, 5 for us – depending on when we want to do the dungeon (if we wait for the level 25, we still only have 4 – which is possible, but more annoying, especially if I read correctly at the dungeon we’re stuck at – the one at the end of the personal storyline). If you just suggest “pugging,” we are not fond of it. I’d rather not. It’s always more fun anyway when you’re playing with people you know.

The three of us that are level 80 are at the end of our storyline, but stuck at the dungeon due to lack of other players. We’ll probably wait for our other guildie to get there so we don’t have to do it multiple times, but we’d like to have another player to round out the 5 for the dungeon – and preferably someone we already know.

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

A:

As far as my understanding goes on the matter from playing with other people through fractals. As Donari said, “you can join a party with people on other worlds, then all get in the zone containing the dungeon. Once one of you enters, everyone in the party will get inside regardless of server.” As for say grouping up to do outside stuff like hearts or jumping puzzles however… Well, you CAN join one anothers map, but ONLY if that map is in overflow for one of those people. If it isn’t (which is pretty much the case for every single map except lion’s arch, which is almost always in overflow) then doing hearts or JPs with friends is impossible. If you wanted to hang out in LA though, just join one another’s group, make sure one of you is in overflow, and right click that persons portrait. There should be an option to join that person on their map. AFAIK this ONLY works for overflow maps.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As I understand it, you can join a party with people on other worlds, then all get in the zone containing the dungeon. Once one of you enters, everyone in the party will get inside regardless of server.

Posted by: Trevino.2034

Trevino.2034

if you’re asking if you can still group up with people from other servers, then yes, it is very possible.

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Thanks everyone for your answers! I’m glad to hear we can do that. I’m just hoping that “guesting” gets fixed soon!

Posted by: CrimmsonWind.1475

CrimmsonWind.1475

I have a question to add on to this. I’m a US player on an American world, and I’ve got a friend in the UK on a European world.

Will the above methods still work or do we both have to be in the same region?

And, assuming they EVER get guesting actually implemented, will I then be able to play with her, or does one of us have to switch regions?

I really hope region doesn’t matter once (if) they get guesting sorted out because I’ve got some IRL friends on this world but I’d really like to play with her as well and I don’t want to have to transfer around all the time, and her switching to my world isn’t really an option. When I was keeping tabs on the game while it was being developed and they talked about guesting, I was under the impression that region didn’t matter and I thought that was perfect because she tends to lag noticeably if we don’t play on a European-based server, which kind of takes the fun out of it for her if her games lag to the point where it’s tough to actually play (doesn’t matter to me because my connection never seems to get impacted noticeably no matter where a server’s based). She was initially on my world but it was lagging, so she switched to a European world and she said it’s been functioning better. I’d just transfer to her world for the time being but I already used my free transfer to join my other friends’ world. At this rate I may just cave and pay for a transfer to her world because she’s really the one I’d be playing with the most at this point in time.

All we’d be doing is just questing together and wandering around anyway, so Guesting was the perfect solution. But launch day has come and gone, it’s been a while, she’s gotten the game now, and now that she’s switched out of my world I don’t see a way for us to play together. I’m going back to school so my time is gonna be limited for the next few months anyway, but once I graduate and get some free time I’d like to actually be able to play with her.

Posted by: Zero Angel.9715

Zero Angel.9715

People on the North American servers cannot play with people on Euro servers, not even by using overflows. It would be nice if they fixed that but I think it might cause lag issues anyways (on another game I play whenever a euro or aussie hosts a game it tends to lag more often since i’m on the other side of an ocean from them)

Posted by: CrimmsonWind.1475

CrimmsonWind.1475

Well, that’s ok for now since like I said, I won’t have much time to play anyway, but kinda sucks for anyone else who wants to play with an international friend.

I do hope they change that for Guesting though ._.; Thanks for the answer.