Please Help. Game Completely Unplayable.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: zetherin.8372

zetherin.8372

This started on Oct. 31 with the release of act IV so I assumed it was just part of it. It also only occurred in L.A. which led me to believe that it was part of MKT’s DE. Now, after that’s over, the thing persists. Even worse, it happens anywhere I go.

As you can imagine, it’s difficult playing this game blindfolded XD.

Anyway, what happens is it starts off black whenever I load into an area and then that white stuff comes in from the sides and corners of the screen until it consumes everything but the GUI.

If anyone knows what’s causing it or how to make it stop, I beg of you to share you knowledge I’m not even mad because this game is so amazing and I probably should take a break once in a while.

Thanks

Edit This issue is account wide. All of my characters experience this when loading in any place.

Attachments:

(edited by zetherin.8372)

zetherin.8372

Arena.net, I’m begging you. I want to immerse myself in your wonderful game but I don’t want to feel like I’m playing Lee Sin from 1st person.

zetherin.8372

I’ve noticed that the character select screen also has a display error. Probably the same problem, but any character that I select sort of flashes and then turns invisible for minutes at a time.

zetherin.8372

Has anyone seen/heard of this before? Or am I a bizarre and unique case? Is this a known issue that’s being worked on?

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

That’s weird. I’d be inclined to say there might be a problem with your video card, but I have only seen two or three of those go bad and they usually made a purple or purple screen, or nothing at all.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

zetherin.8372

I don’t think it’s my video card because it’s relatively new (only 2 months now) and every other game I play works fine.

Good suggestion though.

Posted by: Aeri.1452

Aeri.1452

Do you have any overclocks running on your computer? Those can sometimes produce weird effects in some games, although GW2 seems to be decent about them.

You might download something like FurMark to see if it is indeed your video card. Also, if you don’t use it or similar, something like EVGA Precision or MSI AfterBurner to monitor your card temps.

Since you say your card isn’t very old, if it was a replacement and you still have the older card, you could swap that in and see if the same effect occurs.

Other than that, I’d suggest seeing if you have any forced settings in your video card drivers, like AA or AF. If so, disable those and see if it still occurs.

Go into the F11 graphics tab, and fiddle with the settings. Try everything on the lowest setting. If the effect goes away, test one option at a time until you can reproduce it.

zetherin.8372

Great news, I seem to have fixed it by taking Aeri’s advice.

If anyone else has this problem, mine fixed itself when i pressed f11 and switched the “Render Sampling” from “Supersample” to “Subsample”. As soon as I made that switch, the screen flashed and all the darkness went away. I switched it back to “Supersample” and it still worked. I tried to stress it, loading different areas, logging into different chararcters, completely restarting and it all seems to work fine now, thanks!