Please help me choose :)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

I am returning to GW2 after almost a year (and before I played at start).
And I am not able to choose what to play
I have few 80 toons and can make another one too instantly.

What I like most – open world PvE, events & solo play
What I like moderately: WvW (mostly zerg) and very occasional fractal
What I dislike: RAID forced meta atmosphere, changing toons, builds and weapons

I am looking for class for HoT with OK/good weapon which is reasonably tough (not a glass-cannon). which fits the stuff I wrote before. It must have a perma self movement speed without runes.

TY

PS: it would be great if main weapon is GS – not only I like the animations most, but it is also my only legendary

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

(edited by Ryouzanpaku.1273)

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Would help if we knew what you played, but I am kind of in the same boat, I dont like forced meta classes either, I love my ele because it has allot of builds that are in meta so they get more choices. I think engineers and warriors do as well. So maybe roll an ele, im considering rolling a warrior still as my alt.

Ryouzanpaku.1273

:)
My first char was Mesmer – at the start of GW2 actually… got it to 80 and still have a sweet spot for it.
Then there was WAR – played it a LOT. Unfortunately tried the Berserker elite and hated it…
Third 80 is Necro – hated it in vanilla, but like a Reaper – much better shroud.
Forth is Engi – hate kits. Do not want to play it.
Rest are lower level toons

Ryou.2398

:)
My first char was Mesmer – at the start of GW2 actually… got it to 80 and still have a sweet spot for it.
Then there was WAR – played it a LOT. Unfortunately tried the Berserker elite and hated it…
Third 80 is Necro – hated it in vanilla, but like a Reaper – much better shroud.
Forth is Engi – hate kits. Do not want to play it.
Rest are lower level toons

Hmmm I dont think bserker is required like other elites but I could be wrong, id say give ele a try, it has plenty of variety.

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

So you want GS ? let see.

I’m about to say War but then i saw you dislike Berserker well ok i’ll Pass ( u can alway okay vanilla war )

Then come Reaper but hey you loving it, good for you…

Then Ranger/Druid mmmhm it has 33% passive from trait, can use GS and combo GS/Staff give you great mobility, good Heal but Druid was designed for Condition/Support build, with Power build you can still deal damg but not great but you mostly play open world PvE so i think it should be fine.

Guard….nah forget it wont fit you cuz camping for perma swift is annoying but what could i say ? Guard is fantastic.

Rev/Herald….sorry this guy can’t use GS but i have everything you want included perma swiftness ( BOONBOT ). great dps with good survivability.

(edited by Eros.6801)

Ryouzanpaku.1273

Hmmm I dont think bserker is required like other elites but I could be wrong, id say give ele a try, it has plenty of variety.

TY – but I am afraid ele is bit too squishy for me

TY
WAR is no go for me – really dislike elite spec, and played base WAR sooooooo much I simply need something different.
Reaper is my favorite now – tried it a lot now through weekend and it is fun – playing power with GS and Staff (for zerg events).
Druid as I have read has really low pwrsonal DPS – and as I am soloing a lot it is bit bummer (that is why I do not play my MES – which is char I really like otherwise)
Guard – yeah no speed no chance in my case.
Have not tried Herald yet – do not have empty slot but overall combination of resource pool & recast timers does not appeal me much….

Ryou.2398

TY – but I am afraid ele is bit too squishy for me

TY
WAR is no go for me – really dislike elite spec, and played base WAR sooooooo much I simply need something different.
Reaper is my favorite now – tried it a lot now through weekend and it is fun – playing power with GS and Staff (for zerg events).
Druid as I have read has really low pwrsonal DPS – and as I am soloing a lot it is bit bummer (that is why I do not play my MES – which is char I really like otherwise)
Guard – yeah no speed no chance in my case.
Have not tried Herald yet – do not have empty slot but overall combination of resource pool & recast timers does not appeal me much….

Guard is actually decent greatsword speed, pair it up with the bow and you can have allot of fun, although they will require you to level the elite spec, I recommend getting that first point in the elite and try it again, you can easily pull enemies and people into your bow traps with your greatsword pull ability, its allot of fun.

Warrior greatsword is awesome, have you tried it on asura lol? Also do you feel you have to use the elite spec?

Ryouzanpaku.1273

I meant speed as run speed (cannot live without +25 perma boost)

And yes – I am well aware of Asura GS animations – it is one of the reasons I want GS as main weapon and most of my toons are Asuras – Necro, Mesmer, Guard, Thief…. all Asuras…
ASURA MASTER RACE
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Best-Necro-Armour/page/3#post6181180

And yes – I want to use elite spec If it is here why not use it right?
I play Reaper now – it is a lot of fun – really like it – power buid in full zerker (did not want to craft ascended Valkyria armor as it is usable only for necro – zerker is more universal.

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

Druid damg sucked in power build but you should do fine in open world, if you want more dps then condition druid is the only way.

Rev/Herald is like a mixed version of Guard and War, medium HP pool, double healing skills and with that ventari’s tablet you have like 80% projectiles block uptime, perma swiftness, fury, protection etc feel kinda like cheating class. But rev/herald still have many many problems need to be fixed and sadly no GS.

For armor stats if you SOLO alot during your playtime i suggest go with Marauder Power/Pre/Vit/Fero this stat is very useful for many classes in game included PvE and WvW contents and beside for future reference in case you make ele/mes then marauder work like a charm on those 2 especially when it come to solo.

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Druid works fine for OW. You can build druid many different ways, just depends on situation. Condi Druid works pretty well, and is a hybrid build so your power is really good also.

Posted by: Oenanthe.6549

Oenanthe.6549

I have to point you in the direction of trying a Ranger/Druid as well, but I admit i am biased. I have both longbow/Greatsword ranger and a separate staff druid (I so rarely use her alternative weapon I can’t even remember what was equiped) and both of them do well at open world and solo roaming WvW. I have never been worried about the meta builds, most of mine are built for survivability as i spend a lot of time running solo. I have only done the first 2 areas of HoT, not because they couldn’t cope but because I don’t really like the maps, too constricting and confusing for my tastes. A good pair of damaging pets (and remember to use your pet’s attack skill to get it to attack before you go running in so it will tank for you) will make a lot of difference and I have found a spirit / condi build on the Druid works quite well at putting enough damage down. I may not be doing the big numbers damage some want, but I do do enough and I don’t have to spend a lot of time waypointing due to getting killed.

Ryouzanpaku.1273

Druid sounds tempting guys
But as it is now I do not have empty slot ankitten ot willing to buy it just for testing… and 5 out of 6 of my slots have chars created in a week from the GW2 start – so deleting any of them is not an option. Last years “choose a dye you want” birthday gift made me quite happy … 5 times

So what are my options:

WAR – do not like berserk, pity as it was my main long time has 100% map explore, LS2 with full achievements etc…

MES – 75% map explore, first char, will probably come back to her a some point… unfortunately chrono is absolutely AMAZING group support class – ie compelte opposite of my current playstyle

NECRO – my current toon, yesterday just finished 100% of HoT maps explore, really like reaper (even more then I had hated old shroud)

GUARD – low mule toon – cannot play char without passive run speed trait/signet

THIEF – even lower mule toon – never really played it – did not liked focus mechanic at all

ENGI – tomed it to 80, tried, hated kit animations and visuals with passion – shelfed it…

Actually – if I think about it – I can probably delete ENGI – it is just year old and have no feelings to it hmmmmm but making druid would mean to craft ascended medium set (have only heavy and light…)…. decisions decisions … maybe I can try Revenant – have full heavy ascended zerker with runes of STR set from WAR….

…. I can feel my old illness – alt-mania – striking back with full force

Ryou.2398

Man all this info for playing condi druid, I may make one myself, I really enjoy those staff particle effects/animations.