Please help me find a class.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: MrFreaky.2014

MrFreaky.2014

Hi there, can any of you please help me find a class? I am main necro, but it got nerfed and i seriously don’t enjoy playing it anymore. I only like condi types of game play in this game so i was wondering which classes can help me achieve a proper enjoyable condi game play. Thank you very much!

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

It will help if you tell us why you don’t like Necro anymore instead of you just don’t. Do you not like it anymore because the playstyle grew stale? Because its less OP in some extremely niche scenarios? Because the recent nerfs nerfed the only build you enjoyed on the class?

Also, what do you consider to be proper, enjoyable condi game play? Some people think that the condi chrono cancer build in WvW is “enjoyable” because if you are even half competent no one can kill you in any reasonable amount of time and yet you can repeatedly push out huge condi bursts. Others think its boring gameplay because it honestly is.

Posted by: Nordom.3485

Nordom.3485

Since you’re talking about necro getting nerfed, I assume you’re talking about pve ?
Anyhow, in organized pve condi ranger/druid, condi engi and condi ps warrior are the ones used and have decent dps. Other than that, there’s burn ele, burn guardian and condi pistol mesmer as niche fun builds. Condi rev isn’t really that great in pve and venomshare thief, I’m really sure about

Posted by: voltaicbore.8012

voltaicbore.8012

I play power, condi, and heals druid – I can personally vouch for condi druid being both effective and a lot of fun. If you tweak the traits right, you can still do a surprising amount of group support without giving up much from your usual condi rotation.

I also run a condi dragonhunter, who pretty much relies exclusively on burns. That being said, traps and other direct attacks often finish enemies I’m soloing before the burn stacks do much of anything. The upside is that between burns, direct damage, and all the damage-avoiding tools guardians have, my DH can pretty much kill anything with very little threat of dying himself.