Points of interest 718/719

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Minute.2648

Minute.2648

Hello everyone, I’ve been exploring for some time now and finally got to the end! Well, almost. I’m missing one POI and it’s been haunting me for a while now, I just can’t find it.
If anyone has any idea about any sneaky POIs that are not obvious, please let me know.

I do have the Order of Whispers and Vigils POIs, I have all the “Explorer” achievements done, all WvW maps, the PvP map as well.

Thanks for your time.

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

Try Chantry of Secrets

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.

Minute.2648

Yeah, I have it sadly. Googled, searched the forums, can’t find any other that’s kinda hidden. Thanks for answering tho.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Yeah, I have it sadly. Googled, searched the forums, can’t find any other that’s kinda hidden. Thanks for answering tho.

Guess you nailed the ones that are obvious.
Did you get the two new ones in lion’s arch? Cause if you completed lion’s before the Karka event there have been 2 new PoI’s

next step is to make a list of all maps in the world (explorable area’s, towns, WvWvW maps, visit them all and cross out the maps checked.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Minute.2648

Yeah, all of them done already, every city, zone, home instance, WvW and PvP map, it’s really bugging me to find out what am I missing.

The thing that is bothering me is that I was missing the underwater one in the PvP map (Heart of the Mists) and 2 in WvW, at that time I had 716/719, and I went to get them all, yet one of them did not count, leaving me at 718/719, and yes I went back to check, I have them completed now, but still not counting towards the 719.

Visited every map, every map shows that I have every single thing completed. I feel it’s one of those hidden ones like Chantry or something.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Minute,
With all respect. I have heard your argument before. But in the end, After they made a list (on paper nextto your pc/laptop), visit every map again and crossout if on 100%, they all found a PoI just somewhere on a map they thought top have 100% on a long time ago. I know it is a lot of work and annoying, but the only way to find your missing PoI (given the fact that you have the chantry PoI and Claw Island’s).

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Minute.2648

Thanks for the suggestions, I have seen this argument also many times sadly, never thought I’d get stuck in one myself!
But I have tried everything before posting here, checked everything, yet I failed to find what am I missing. (Yes, even went from zone to zone making sure it’s 100% even tho I have the achievements)
Might as well try that again, somehow I missed something it seems.

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

You can have gotten the achievement by visiting the missing PoI with another character perhaps? Hinting for missing PoIs can be incredibly annoying but at least you can check the zones on the world map by putting your cursor over each map to see your percentages.

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

U do know u can hover the mouse on the map’s name and check each map’s progress instead of visiting each map.

(edited by Stridix.4260)

Posted by: ZombieNugget.6847

ZombieNugget.6847

U do know u can hover on the map’s name and check each map’s progress instead of visiting each map.

And I’m afraid that, as with Minute’s map, you’ve missed a point there.

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

Did u finished ur story mode?
Other than that and b/t the rata sum one, that is all I can think of.

(edited by Stridix.4260)

Minute.2648

I have finished story mode, only thing that might be the case is what Rainu said, maybe I discovered something with alt, so I’ll just check again every zone.
Edit: Stridix, yes that helps a lot, I know I saw that few times while checking the world map, but forgot totally about that feature, checking the map right now!

Minute.2648

Found my missing POI, it was in Queensdale, having Krytan explorer achievement made me think that I had everything explored, but I guess Rainu was right, I did explore this with other characters.
Thanks everyone, you just made my day! ^^

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

The explorer achievement doesn’t mean anything for 100%, it’s just how many areas on the map are uncovered.
You can easily miss POIs and the like and still get the explorer achievement.

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

This is when I wish there was a zone completion/progress thing next or under zone names on the map, so you don’t have to go to every zone trying to find the one you didn’t do. That’s what I would suggest anyway.

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

Posted by: mapokl.3167

mapokl.3167

@domxnik You don’t have to. If you read a few starting posts you would know that if you move your cursor over area name in world map, you can see your map completion with numbers of vista, hearts etc.

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

@domxnik You don’t have to. If you read a few starting posts you would know that if you move your cursor over area name in world map, you can see your map completion with numbers of vista, hearts etc.

Oh yeah, I forgot…and I didn’t read all the posts. v.v

Anvixy- 80 Ranger