Possible transfer

Possible transfer

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Troponin.4081

Troponin.4081

I have been leveling a few alts, and I noticed, once I hit level 40+, I am pretty much on my own on E Bay. I can go all day without seeing anyone, and I am attempting to solo most events (which fails quite miserably often).

What is a good, active server, and also, when one does a transfer, do we have to pay for every single character? That could get expensive when you have 5.

Possible transfer

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

Can’t help you with servers since I’ in EU but as for the second part, it’s free to transfer at the moment (will start costing at some point in the future but no ETa has been given) but you can only do it every 7 days. All your characters are transferred since it’s your account that moves.

If you want to move to a very high population server it can be full a lot of the time so it’s often best to try at non-peak hours (or even at odd hours, such as in the middle of the night)

Possible transfer

Troponin.4081

Is there no server that is high pop without being completely full during peak hours? I would certainly rather play when I want than be on a server that I can’t play. :/

Possible transfer

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

If a server is full, you can still play on it if it’s your home server. You just cannot transfer onto it.

I transferred to Tarnished Coast some months back and have been extremely happy with my choice. I always see people around and most are very friendly- I’ve found friends by grouping up with people at random or answering questions in map chat. It’s full nearly 24/7, though.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Possible transfer

Troponin.4081

So the second issue is, how do you transfer? :/ I searched the entire site and cannot find info on it. I have been in to My account and set up etc and it’s no where to be found.

(edited by Troponin.4081)

Possible transfer

Falunel.7645

Go to the character selection screen. There should be a button in the lower left corner called “World Selection.”

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast

Possible transfer

Troponin.4081

Go to the character selection screen. There should be a button in the lower left corner called “World Selection.”

Oh, I thought that was just to start characters on another server, not actually transfer. Thanks!

Possible transfer

Falunel.7645

Oh, I thought that was just to start characters on another server, not actually transfer. Thanks!

Yeah, you can have characters on only one server- otherwise, all sorts of issues happen with WvW and things being account bound.

Glad to help!

Possible transfer

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Since you’re trying to go to a populated server, try transferring during off peak hours. Servers like tarnished cost and sea of sorrows are almost always full. So try during like 4am or something. I like 2-4 in the afternoon is good too (est).

Also, just closing the window and reopening doesn’t refresh. You have exit the client and log back in

RIP in peace Robert