Power/Toughness/Vitality Exotic Jewelry

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: melchiz.7182

melchiz.7182

It has come to my attention that the Soldier jewelry (power, toughness, vitality) cannot be crafted. To my knowledge, no exotic jewelry is available for dungeon tokens or karma.

Does that leave the Invader set (WvW) as the only exotic jewelry with those stats in the game? If so, that’s terrible. The amount of badges required for all pieces dwarfs that needed for a Legendary weapon.

Am I missing something?

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

there’s the emerald amulet which has the power/tough/vit stat. im pretty sure there’s also an emerald ring/earring, it’s just that no one has discovered the recipe to them yet.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

melchiz.7182

Posted by: Urban.4875

Urban.4875

This is the item that was being spoken about http://www.gw2db.com/items/925-emerald-pendant

melchiz.7182

That isn’t a practical solution for players due to the massive materials cost and 50 Mystic Coins needed to make it. That is a precursor to the Triforge.

Why did you make Power/Toughness/Vitality jewelry so difficult to acquire, ArenaNet? The armor can be found from dungeons and crafting, so the “But those stats are special so it has to be hard to get!” argument fails in that regard (and also doesn’t fit the design philosophy of GW2, where stats are easy to acquire, but cosmetic upgrades require grind).

This feels like an oversight. If there really is no easier way to get that jewelry than the 1000+ WvW Badges, I should make a post asking a developer to comment on what is a serious shortcoming in balance and design.

penatbater.4710

oh! pendant! sorry my bad :P yes that’s the one that costs 250 gold ingots and some other stuff. =P

@melchiz
they did say while most of the stats will be the same, the stat combo will be a bit diff. So i’m guessing this stat combo is a bit “special” in that it takes 2 stats that are meant for tanking and put them together. Although, I have yet to personally witness the effectiveness of this stat combo versus the power/prec/tough where toughness is much much more than the toughness in this stat combo.

(edited by penatbater.4710)

melchiz.7182

Are you saying that the Emerald crafted set is an acceptable replacement for the missing Soldier’s jewelry?

penatbater.4710

somewhat, but not really, you’ll just be wasting those prec stat imo. I’m just saying its a bit justifiable how some stat combos might be a bit harder to get than others, but it’s alright given how power is the dominant stat here. (if it was power/vit/tough with tough being the dominant stat, I would call OP on that).

but i guess for tanking purposes, i would stick to emerald accessories (not pendant! too expensive imo) for tanking purposes. I have yet to acquire myself a set of power/tough/vit so i can’t comment on its effectiveness.

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

my traits are allocated inside my prec/con.dmg and tough/crit.dmg. Going full soldiers would belittle my crit damage boost, so instead I use soldier armor and knight accessories. It give me a healthy balance.

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.