Power leveling in this game

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: magentis.7491

magentis.7491

Does it exist? How long does it take to reach max?

Posted by: The Baws.5164

The Baws.5164

Yeah it exists, it’s called Crafting.

You can get to 80 through Crafting in ~ 8 hours but it costs a tremendous amount of gold and can therefore not do it on a first account.

Guild Wars 2 isn’t about the end game. It’s about the journey there.

Immersed in Blood [TEA]
Drunken Alliance [DKAL]
Piken Square [EU]

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Forgive the off topic, but it’s heartwarming to see The Baws already giving suggestions around <3

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Yes it does exist.

Depends on the technique and the money you have.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Yeah it exists, it’s called Crafting.

You can get to 80 through Crafting in ~ 8 hours but it costs a tremendous amount of gold and can therefore not do it on a first account.

Guild Wars 2 isn’t about the end game. It’s about the journey there.

Sure you can. Buy gems, convert to gold and level away.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

8 hours is an awful long time, are you sure you know how to craft?

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

you can also level fast trough dynamic events, map completion in between and more. However, the amount of time to level this way requires a lot of time and effort. A lot more than 8h crafting. On the other hand it cost you little gold/money to do so.

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

Power leveling via crafting leaves you with almost no discovered WPs, which will turn out to be a pain in the behind later on.

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

you can also level fast trough dynamic events, map completion in between and more. However, the amount of time to level this way requires a lot of time and effort. A lot more than 8h crafting. On the other hand it cost you little gold/money to do so.

That’s not true. You can get your character to 80 in a decent amount of time by simply doing heart quests and every now and then an event you meet oh and story. However the heart quests should equal your or a higher level. If you then farm heart quest for heart quest that has your level or above. You have your character to 80 quite fast.

Of course this still takes longer than crafting but taking the time aspect into consideration this is cheap and fast. I guess everyone can bare 1-5 days.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Power leveling via crafting leaves you with almost no discovered WPs, which will turn out to be a pain in the behind later on.

This 1000×. Do some exploration, if not all map completion, and then craft the remainder of your levels. If you’re finding yourself under-leveled for the next zone, craft a little to boost you up.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

They tend to nerf power levelling places everytime someone posts them in here. That’s why I won’t list them in here :p But yes, they still exist.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

If you’re a first-time player, powerleveling via crafting will leave you not only with no WPs, but no knowledge of how to play- you won’t know when and what to dodge, how to avoid damage, what build and weapons feel right, how to combine skills, what utilities to use…. The list goes on and on. In other words, if you are new, please do not level to 80 by crafting alone.

The most well-rounded way to level is simply by doing map exploration, as previous posters said. Leveling in this game is slow at first, but even- it doesn’t take nearly as long as some other games.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

magentis must be a new player or he wouldn’t have asked. So, what you also don’t know magentis is that there are not a lot of reasons to rush to 80. Popular dungeons are at levels 30, 40, and 50 and it will take leveling the regular way to those levels to learn your class well enough to be competent. All players who SPvP get scaled to exactly the same abilities and gear at 80 no matter what they are really. All players get leveled to 80 for Wvw and Fractals also, but not in gear and all abilities so there is a penalty, but they are still doable.

Posted by: Finnway.2183

Finnway.2183

I power-leveled fairly quickly by only questing on level and alternating quests with events.

Once I completed the last quest in a region I did another 10 levels of my personal story (which nets a lot of XP) and then moved on to the next region. If I needed more XP later, I would go back to that region and get the 100% completion bonus chest. It works pretty well. Be sure to buy a new gear every 5 levels so you can level quickly.

This game is not about out-DPSing you. It’s about out-flashing you.