Precursor Dilema

Precursor Dilema

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: The Clumsy Tengu.6210

The Clumsy Tengu.6210

Hello friends,

I have enough gold to buy the precursor I want (the Lover), but I’m worried that precursor crafting will be implemented soon and will be a lot easier to achieve. Then I will have wasted a big chunk of change. Has ArenaNet given any hint as to when we can expect precursor crafting? Do you think I should just buy it now? I have everything else I need to craft the Dreamer besides the Lover.

Thanks!

Precursor Dilema

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Since you have the rest, while the Lover might go up in price I’d recommend waiting a tiny bit longer. We should get a blog post about the year ahead (not a guarantee, it just seems likely to happen).

No one expects it to be much easier than spending the money. Still, why not wait a couple more weeks just to see?

Precursor Dilema

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Just go and craft your legendary… it’s gonna be years before they announce precursor crafting.

vvuevv

Precursor Dilema

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Just buy it. Don’t waste time toileting. And the price will only go up as time goes on.

Even IF precursor crafting becomes available, the price of precursors on the TP will not lower.

Precursor Dilema

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’d just buy it.

We’ve had no word yet on when precursor crafting or the scavenger hunt will be implemented and a few months ago Anet said it was something they were planning for the future but not actively working on, so I think it’s going to be a while.

But also when they do add it I suspect they’ll be aiming to make it take a long time and/or a lot of money. As I understand it it’s simply supposed to be a 4th option for those who don’t want to wait for a drop, try the Forge or buy it. Not an easy option for people who think all the current methods are too hard or expensive.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Precursor Dilema

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Believe me, craft precursor won’t be easy at all.
What Anet wants to make not a cheap/easy way to get a precursor, they want a way of get it not reliant on RNG, but be sure it won’t be easy.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Precursor Dilema

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Even if they announce precursor crafting (which they already did about a year ago), I doubt we’ll see it any time soon.

Precursor Dilema

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Just buy it but use a buy order.
Even if they announce the change right now that they will be releasing precursor crafting tomorrow. Especially if they do that. Hmm … actually that is something to consider. Maybe wait until the announcement but not the release. The announcement would probably prompt some panicked sales ….

Anyway the crafting will likely be heavily time gated plus more expensive than buying from the TP. This has been the case for pretty much everything else that is both craftable and obtainable as a drop.

Example 1: Wintersbite longbow
Buy is around 150g
Crafting is around 283g

Example 2: Settler’s Orichalcum Imbued Inscription
Buy – 3g30s
Craft – 5g32s

Precursor Dilema

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Just buy it, I’ve flushed nearly 500g today into the magic toilet in hopes of getting Dusk… no luck.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Precursor Dilema

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Like I said, wait a couple of weeks if you can. If they haven’t said anything in that time, and you can manage the expense, go for your new shiny. But oh how you’ll hate yourself if you buy it now and next week they put in a blog about crafting it (not that you’ll be able to craft it in minutes, but you might have more fun and more disposable income during the process).

Precursor Dilema

Posted by: Mars.6319

Mars.6319

Just buy it. They’ve been talking about implementing alternative ways to obtain precursors since 2012. sPvP currency is being removed and somehow replaced with gold, PvE and sPvP gear is going to converge, and so it is entirely possible that the new method they eventually come up with will be through a game mode that you do not enjoy.

The only way precursors will lose their value is if ANet implements a new tier of gear that supersedes legendaries which isn’t likely to happen despite the fact that it wasn’t suppose to ever happen and has already happened twice.

Precursor Dilema

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

There’s one thing people aren’t considering. A lot of people have pushed to this crafting/scavenger hunt claiming it would beore enjoyable and so on and on, the reality is most are not looking to get one for themselves, but to get a way to make money, basically grinding and flooding the market with precursors.

That’s why I’m guessing (if anet is any smart) what ever precursors come from this crafting will be account bound, and the legendary you make with it too as a consequence.

I think people still haven’t got that you aren’t spouse to hit 80 and get a legendary in this game.

As is anet can control the drop rate and maintain the value (when they don’t screw up like the karka attack) if they introduced a sure way, even time gated, the value would go down does defeating the point of what a legendary is spouse to be.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]