Precursor crafting

Precursor crafting

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ThePlanez.5871

ThePlanez.5871

I really hope it does not come out! I don’t know y people r crying about not getting a precursor, therefore not being able to craft a legendary. I’m sick of people whining about it.
First of all, it’s just a SKIN! it does not provide more dmg than ascended, it’s not a ‘must get’ kind of item, which makes u ‘godly’. Neither is this an end game weapon.
Secondly, if u REALLY want the skin, then u HAVE TO work hard for it. Does it make urself seem ‘unique’ if everybody runs around with one? The whole thing about legendaries is their unique skins, nothing more, nothing less.

All these KIDS whining about not getting their legendary is getting me really annoyed. I mean if u really want it, go find a job, work for a week, there u have it. However some people is against spending money for their precursor, well, think about it this way, u are working for ur legendary, except, in a different way, the most efficient way. Have u ever thought about the time investment u would have to put in, in order to farm for one?

So stop whining about it, but instead, get on with ur grind, either playing hardcore, or use a weeks wage and get it over with. Simple as that.

Lastly, for all of u waiting for craft able precursors, use ur common sense. Does Anet want everyone to run around with a legendary? I doubt their would rely the new method(if they decide to introduce one) on time gated items, as everyone would be able to obtain one in this way, soon or later. It still would depend on RNG and gold and require time investment. Maybe all three.

Precursor crafting

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

Firstly, a legendary has a non-cosmetic use in the fact you can change its stats at will when out of combat; something that no other category of weapon in the game does. So it isn’t solely a neat skin.

Secondly, this should more be in the General GW2 Discussion part of the forum. This is not helpful nor constructive. It’s just whining about people whining.

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Precursor crafting

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I really hope it does not come out! I don’t know y people r crying about not getting a precursor, therefore not being able to craft a legendary. I’m sick of people whining about it.
First of all, it’s just a SKIN! it does not provide more dmg than ascended, it’s not a ‘must get’ kind of item, which makes u ‘godly’. Neither is this an end game weapon.
Secondly, if u REALLY want the skin, then u HAVE TO work hard for it. Does it make urself seem ‘unique’ if everybody runs around with one? The whole thing about legendaries is their unique skins, nothing more, nothing less.

All these KIDS whining about not getting their legendary is getting me really annoyed. I mean if u really want it, go find a job, work for a week, there u have it. However some people is against spending money for their precursor, well, think about it this way, u are working for ur legendary, except, in a different way, the most efficient way. Have u ever thought about the time investment u would have to put in, in order to farm for one?

So stop whining about it, but instead, get on with ur grind, either playing hardcore, or use a weeks wage and get it over with. Simple as that.

Lastly, for all of u waiting for craft able precursors, use ur common sense. Does Anet want everyone to run around with a legendary? I doubt their would rely the new method(if they decide to introduce one) on time gated items, as everyone would be able to obtain one in this way, soon or later. It still would depend on RNG and gold and require time investment. Maybe all three.

I have a feeling you have multiple legendaries and have a precursor drop once a week. For those of us who have played since beta and have yet to have a precursor drop i think this would be a good addition. For me it is going to take more than hardcore game play to afford a precursor cause i have been known to go a couple hours of farming and not receive a single drop.

Precursor crafting

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

few people are demanding that a precursor be cheaper or take less time (statistically a very very wide range due to very low drop chance though) than it currently does. What they want is a non RNG method of an instance of the item. Depending on whose suggestion you look at, people want to play the game, complete various tasks, do some farming, etc. in order to collect even a large amount of items that allows the crafting of a precursor. They dont want to mindlessly farm champs/dungeons and play trading post wars to hand a ton of gold to someone who just happened to get very very lucky.

If it were “just a skin” then, sure, random would be fine. But its now “just a skin” is has selectable stats and scales to the highest level weapon stats available.

farming gold to buy a legendary might be the “most efficient” use of time. But there are some people who like to vary they game play and actually go do stuff rather than just moving from farm to farm even if it does take a little longer. ie, they like to play the game.

You gave no real reason other than personal preferences why precursors should not be crafted.

Paragraph 1: Just a skin, wrong and opinion
P2: farming gold is more efficient anyway. your farming preference is an opinion.
P3: no real content
P4: will probably take longer than farming (basic reiteration of P2)

Yes, having them craftable is also a preference, but from a game design standpoint, an entire tier of weapons shouldnt be gated behind very very rare RNG.

Im kind of tired of people complaining about people asking for precursor crafting. I see a lot of people (you didnt say this directly) saying that people asking for craftable precursors just want it to be handed to them when, in reality, EVERY precursor ever created in the game has simply been handed to its original owner.

Precursor crafting

Posted by: TKIB.9061

TKIB.9061

Having a precursor doesn’t mean you can craft a legendary directly, you have to get some component, like an exploration gift, or a huge mass of T6 stuffs.

In my mind, the legendary shouldn’t have been possible to be sold on BL, huge mistake because you don’t have to actually play the game to get a legendary or a precursor, you just have to own a huge credit card.

As for theplanez you can try to write correctly, it’s for the good health of ours eyes…

Precursor crafting

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

Firstly, a legendary has a non-cosmetic use in the fact you can change its stats at will when out of combat; something that no other category of weapon in the game does. So it isn’t solely a neat skin.

“Hey, I switch to other stats after those mobs!” said noone ever.

You can roll almost through everything with green equipment…and if everyone runs ascended gear, it does not matter at all if I change my weapon from assassins to berserker to dolyak stats.

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

Precursor crafting

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

There doesn’t need to be a craftable precursor but I do think there should be an alternate way to receive them other than RNG. I wouldn’t mind if they added a precursor as an achievement reward or done a scavenger hunt that takes a month or two.

Precursor crafting

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’m not that interested in Legendary Weapons, personally, but I do think an alternative method of getting a precursor would be a good thing, generally. People seem to worry that it’ll make legendaries less special, but even if obtaining a precursor is easier, turning it from a precursor into its final form still won’t be a walk in the park. The only difference, then, is the removal or reduction of a 500-1500 G paywall. That’s all it is, really. A paywall.

Is that really the most impressive part of the weapon? The part that is most explicitly money or RNG? It wildly, dramatically overshadows the rest of the process, which is otherwise a more interesting journey across the scope of the game.

I do think precursors, if they ever do get reworked, should become cheaper; they’re way too far out of proportion compared to the costs of the other steps of a Legendary weapon. (100G for Icy Runestones seems like a drop in the bucket by comparison.) Some people play hard for their gold and can’t afford a precursor, and then there are people like me who, if we lucked into a precursor, would almost certainly sell it a for a cool 1000+ gold windfall.

As it is, it’s demanding either obscene grind or good RNG. Are those really cool? They’re currently the biggest barrier in getting a legendary, more than skill or exploration. Even if they’re not made substantially cheaper, there could at least be a more interesting way to get a precursor. Looking at legendary, I see a little of the adventures the person went through to get through it, but I mostly grinding for gold.

Does it have to be that way?

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Precursor crafting

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

“Hey, I switch to other stats after those mobs!” said noone ever.

You can roll almost through everything with green equipment…and if everyone runs ascended gear, it does not matter at all if I change my weapon from assassins to berserker to dolyak stats.

I didn’t say that it was an often used tactic or that everyone did (though I know people that will switch stats for certain areas and bossfights, myself included) or that one couldn’t roll through the game with lesser tiered stuff. The OP claimed legendaries were nothing more than skins and I was pointing out they were wrong in that assumption, that’s all.

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Precursor crafting

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Why are you projecting an insult of “kids” upon anyone who is counter to your argument, when you use “Urself” slang, which is something that I have never seen used by adults?

Anyhow, as a multiple legendary crafter who buys precursors.. Who cares..

The collection achievements are a good indication, from my perspective, that precursor crafting, if it ever comes, will be a truckload of effort

Precursor crafting

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

A legendary weapon can still be rare without having to use a week’s wage or farm ridiculous amounts of gold. I know you don’t nessisarily have to pay for the game. And I guess they to get thier money from somewhere else. But to put down so many gold for something that isn’t even a legendary weapon? You either pay like 1400 g or pull down 500 g in the mystic toilet to get a precursor? Why not have the precursor split up in parts which can be dropped from ultra hard secret bosses? That way you atleast get rewarded for your hard work. I agree that one should work hard to get something valuable. But given the drop rates. You are only doing the hard working part. But where then is your reward? For a reward to be based on luck after working your butt off is nothing less then getting screwed over. The only way for this to be justified if if this legendary weapon was an actual gamechanger. But as you said it’s nothing out of the ordinary. Some other posts added that you can switch stats. But those stats are way too low for the hard work you did. If it was like 2500 ish attack power and an hax/powerfull unique move. That puts you above the rest but not bieng unbeatable. For example you can still be killed by 3 to 5 good players or 1 or 2 proffesionals.Then yes I can kinda see this bieng justified.