Precursor with a little help from my friends

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: lollotaz.8479

lollotaz.8479

Hi, my friends and I were asking if it is possible to create precursor at mystic forge all together, I mean buy some items for each and send all to one of us to forge it.

The problem is… it is considerable bannable in some way? I heard some rumors about people trade money to get the achievement “Golden” and get banned. It’s true?

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

I would definitely not see this as an exploit and it definitely sounds viable(as long as you stay away from account bound things from tokens and karma). Just look at the first people getting legendaries. I bet they had their entire guilds just sending all of their cash to them simply to be first.

If Anet ban you for this I would say they have made a really bad and wierd decision.

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Beofre you try i would look at the chances of sucsess

I throw 30g worth of items in the mystic toilet and get nothing well its my 30g

Doing it as a group endevor then getting nothing back may disapoint some of your friends and friends are worth more than a Precourser

Ulfar SOR

Posted by: Gio.5837

Gio.5837

Beofre you try i would look at the chances of sucsess

I throw 30g worth of items in the mystic toilet and get nothing well its my 30g

Doing it as a group endevor then getting nothing back may disapoint some of your friends and friends are worth more than a Precourser

Yes we plan to throw 40g per person, we are 3 and we will have 300 rare GS. I’ve seen people on youtube throwning 1000 rare GS and obtaining nothing back.
We wait an official response before try!

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

You made me laugh so hard, of course it’s not bannable. You can send whatever you have to whoever you want.

Btw, before you spend money on rare weapons, consider buying exotics instead. I spent ~150gold on rare greatswords with no success, if I were you, I would go for exotics, there should be much better chance. There is really no point trying it with rares if you ask me.

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Hi, my friends and I were asking if it is possible to create precursor at mystic forge all together, I mean buy some items for each and send all to one of us to forge it.

The problem is… it is considerable bannable in some way? I heard some rumors about people trade money to get the achievement “Golden” and get banned. It’s true?

It’s all about the source:
If the gold is obtained though illicit means, aka, “Gold Sellers” then they might have their account suspended. (Usually it’s a matter of quantity that triggers their protocols).
If the gold is obtained by fairly means then there is no problem whatsoever. Trading items also falls into these categories.

Rumors are simply that, rumors! Even if you are caught in some sort of ban due to the question in hand, they will surely remove that after a review of your situation.

Trowing rares/exotics into the MF is handling with pure LUCK/RNG. Expect to waste a good pile of gold in that, but you might get a surprise (like those who got their precursors in less than 10 MF tries)…

Best luck!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-