Preparing for level 80

Preparing for level 80

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Murdertrain.9860

Murdertrain.9860

Hi community,

I’d like to ask some input from the experienced players out there. Right now I’m very rapidly approaching 80 (level 73) on my first character—thief. I’ve tried to save my gold as much as possible, but I’m hovering around 1g right now after buying my level 60 skill manuals. I know gold will come later, so I’m not too worried about that.

What I’m wondering, though, is if there’s anything I should be focusing on doing as I get closer to 80. My tradeskills are right at level, so by 80 I’ll be able to craft a basic level 80 set of armor and jewels. I’ve done a little WvW and had a blast, but not much leveling there. I have spent virtually no Karma, save for a rebreather or weapon here and there. I’m sitting on around 40,000 I think? I make sure to finish my daily, well, daily. And have finished my first monthly—although I didn’t do all 6 requirements, just the 4/4 for achievement.

Is there anything else I should be doing? The leveling happened so fast and effortlessly that I’m not sure I’m properly prepared to hit 80. I know there’s a long way to go once I get there, but I want to be able to contribute to my group/team as much as possible as soon as possible.

For what it’s worth, I’m lagging in story—only about level 65 there. And I’ve never been able to get a dungeon group. Granted, I don’t think about it much and when I do the groups are usually level 80s, so it’s a small sample size I’m working with.

Thanks for any input.

Off to google “Things to do at 80 in GW2!”

<3 Murder

Preparing for level 80

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

1) 100% map completion; if you don’t care about Legendary, you can skip the WvW map but have all the WP in the main map is useful.
2) With WP all opened, you can do all the world bosses and temple events. These are great ways to earn gold, rare, and karma —> build up wealth
3) With wealth, you can gear up your toon (exotic/ascended) to do dungeons and fractals.
4) other interest/goals, e.g. sPvP, WvW, craft Legendary… etc

(edited by Battledoll.1803)

Preparing for level 80

Posted by: Murdertrain.9860

Murdertrain.9860

Okay thanks!

So when you say map completion you mean having 100% in every map available?

I totally get the rapid transit part of it and it’s a great point. I’ll keep grabbing the waypoints, even if they’re a little out of my way.

Preparing for level 80

Posted by: Joffoc.5324

Joffoc.5324

exploration and events itself will lead to profit in itself. you will also build up a nice stockpile of materials from salvage which you will definitely need once you move on to ascended crafting. I would reccomend run some world boss loops, get some gear and find what you like to do as battle said. Gold is honestly something I never think about I just kinda earn it from drops and such.