Prized Possessions personal story

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

I’m stuck in Prized Possessions where I gotta follow Ruka, and can’t seem to figure out how to get across a large space. If I glide, it makes me die after awhile even if I’m on the ground. None of the egg’s power can get me across that large distance. How do you follow Ruka through that particular step?

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Wow 10 seconds after I posted this I got it, gotta follow the left wall and dragon’s pounce + glide. Nevermind

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

Thanks for just that little bit of info— I kept trying to go right, and didn’t realize I could jump up and then glide!

Posted by: PerfectXtreme.2031

PerfectXtreme.2031

And this is a prime example of fail design. Yes, it’s cool to require players to do combinations of abilities like this to get around… The problem is they are not consistent about it. IE, most places in the game if you have a movement item/ability and you try to use it while gliding it simply won’t work. You’ll often fall to your death….

Game design where they randomly allow you to do kitten for a special mission but not allow you to do it elsewhere is bad. That, or they need to give you strong hints and pointers making it obvious that this is a super special situation where you can do something you normally can’t.

Posted by: octagon.6504

octagon.6504

All my gear got demolished doing this quest. It’s not so much following Ruka as it is fighting to get the right camera angle. Not a good quest.

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

The trick is to Jump off the center ledge straight at Ruka and hit Dragon’s surge(repeatedly if you have to). You’ll move faster and make the distance.

For me this was frustrating to figure out. The part of the story where you “follow Ruka to get away from corrupted faolain” and have to use the 3 keys: dragon’s pounce, dragon’s wing, dragon’s surge with glide which doesn’t always work. #1 ruka teleports across that expanse there is no way to “follow” her directly(or so i thought). #2 if you go left along the edge and use dragon’s wing or dragon’s pounce and try to glide, glide does not always work and you fall to your death. #3. If you follow the edge along to the left there is a point where there is no where to go and you have to glide a far distance across, but you can’t and fall to your death. #4 if you jump and glide straight on center lip, and press Dragon’s surge you move faster but then hit an invisible wall and fall to your death. My gear was all red, my toon was naked and i had to google video guides, that weren’t that helpful. After failing 30+ times I finally realized that if you keep pressing Dragons surge you’ll eventually make it across. though i did notice invisible walls holding me back and i had to press the button repeatedly several times. It seems this wasn’t that clear as what you were suppose to do or because when i first tried to glide across and failed, i tried different paths and didn’t notice the dragon’s surge was available in mid air .

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

(edited by Kelly.7019)

Posted by: Arsenal.2601

Arsenal.2601

My issue is (and it may just be my issue) after he teleports the second time off to the left somewhere, I can see the mark on the mini map but not see clearly where he went. Standing still means death so I try moving in the general direction but just die any way. And die. And die. And die again. And die one more time for good measure.

It’s the only time in my entire life I ever rage quit anything.

“I’m always achieving greatness!”

Posted by: A T A L U S.8257

A T A L U S.8257

Just managed to get this completed. If you use skill 1 to leap up from the edge and then glide to the cliff on the right of the clearing you can run along it to the other side. Once across the void just have to glide to ruka and your done.

-NEX

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

yeah after he teleports that 2nd time just run straight off that ledge. and glide across. You’ll notice the option To Dragon Surge will be available. Press that button and you’ll move faster. Hit it again if it doesn’t make it all the way across the first time. If you don’t you’ll be moving too slow and fall to your death.

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

Posted by: Levitating Cat.8623

Levitating Cat.8623

Mine was totally bugged. Couldn’t make it through the first wall, Dragon’s Surge was bugged or something ;-;

“You are all weaklings!”

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

The feedback in this mission is terrible. The player shouldn’t have to look at the minimap to try and figure out where the heck to go in the two seconds you have before being instakilled. Having a trail left behind would help greatly.

(edited by Misguided.5139)

Posted by: Ragnarvor.2351

Ragnarvor.2351

This mission was not fun at all. Why I was forced to do it is beyond comprehension.

Posted by: cytomatrix.5702

cytomatrix.5702

Worst mission ever. I hated the every second of it. Why do they torture us like this?

Posted by: ClaireKateRaymund.9064

ClaireKateRaymund.9064

I rage- and palpitate-quit this. I hate this mission for both objective and subjective reasons (mostly subjective). And I literally, LITERALLY CANNOT try it again because the first umpteen times left me with such a bloody high heart rate I felt I was going to rupture a blood vessel. Can you even party and have someone else run it while you die and wait? Seriously?

Posted by: Mitch Taxus.2053

Mitch Taxus.2053

this is horrible – can’t tell where to go – half the time the egg abilities don’t seem to work – died so often i have no armour left

the only way i managed to complete this was by looking for help online – and even then it seems a bit random how the surge ability only becomes available when you are half way across the chasm

please make this story easier to understand – i really don’t enjoy ‘platform games’, and ones with no decent instructions are just irritating

Posted by: Laughing Crow.7581

Laughing Crow.7581

Agreed – poor game design dumping you into a totally new movement manner, in an instance and with zero guidance over a vast distance unlike previous game experience. As with others, the 3 modes were not consistent and I died a lot.

Thank you AN for a bad experience and a low desire to continue a gated story line that may also have more poorly implemented ideas. It’s not even a jumping puzzle.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

this is horrible – can’t tell where to go – half the time the egg abilities don’t seem to work – died so often i have no armour left

that is probably because the 3 skills share a cooldown.

Khisanth.2948

They tried to teach before you reach that part but it didn’t do a good job of it. The first part where you had use the 1 skill to jump up the mushrooms to get up the cliff should have been the teaching moment but the bajillion AoEs from the tendrils muddles the experience. Feels like maybe someone designed this nice teaching bit then a manager walked into the room with a “suggestion”.

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

Agreed. My GF and I tried and died and tried and died. Ruka moves so fast and in the time it takes to locate where he went, we died over and over until we also felt we needed a break.

Yes, this is a “fun” combo of powers, but like many other missions in the past, they should give you alternate ways of doing it or your story stops dead.

ANet, please don’t make us wait to finish our stories again like with Zhaitan

Posted by: mosselyn.5081

mosselyn.5081

I just finished this, and I have to echo some of the feedback here.

The idea is very cool, but the implementation is unfortunate. The attempt to make you feel a sense of urgency by giving you no time to learn the skills, look around, or think fails in its goal because it devolves to die, rinse, repeat. Several times.

I enjoy a challenge and I don’t mind dying or getting downed during the stories, but the mechanics of this segment were such that it totally breaks any sense of immersion, and I can’t see some of my less capable guildmates getting through this. Unkind to slam cheap one-shot road block into the middle of the story.

[OTG] The Old Timers Guild of Yaks Bend
www.oldtimersguild.com

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There’s no need for a trail to follow as it is linear. You also do not need to do anything special to cross the large gap. You can use the dash ability to speed yourself across most of the gap. I even did this without advanced gliding.

Posted by: Skythe.2915

Skythe.2915

For Claire and everyone else who ragequit and doesnt wish to do this terrible mission: yes, party with someone and have him do it while you’re dead behind. Still counts.

Can you even party and have someone else run it while you die and wait? Seriously?

Posted by: Kadok.3068

Kadok.3068

I don’t want to sound like I am whining, but I agree it sucks to say the least, I get through part of it but cant do the rest. Either I am bombarded by the tendrils or I get pounced on by Faolin. You can’t see where Ruka is most of the time when you get to the upper mushrooms and 10 or so vines spitting at you all the time isn’t an incentive to get out, it makes it just that much more difficult to see where the next jump is.

Posted by: Kadok.3068

Kadok.3068

Ok, we have been over thinking this. I jumped off the ledge and glided half way then used the dragon flight or what ever you call it that shoots you real fast the rest of the way, was easy that way.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

This is the WORSE experience I’ve had so far. The combination of these skill would be nice if they actually worked correctly.

The npc’s mark was way above me on the cliff somewhere and I never found him. Every time I used the jump to get higher, it failed and ended up dead by the time the skill reset.

POOR design…Anet this is the worst setup ever.

And once you get past that dragon into the next area, how on earth can those skills get you across? Mine kept failing halfway…gliding never helped at all…seemed broken.

(edited by lynspottery.6529)

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I totally failed that last part where you have to follow Ruka across that huge chasm after outrunning the dragon. No matter how I tried, I kept missing every single jump to a spot where I could actually glide from.

I ended up with my character totally without any armor…period.

Well found out why all my abilities were acting up,,,shortly after I begain this portion again, my client lost connection with the server. Happened several times in fact. Seems my attempts were only on my screen and not in the game.

I do wish these lag issues would get resolved.

(edited by lynspottery.6529)

Posted by: Garock.2854

Garock.2854

yea it was pretty rough, I thought I had failed getting up the cliff face again, but I guess I made it high enough to get to the “save point”, the rest wasn’t quite as bad

Posted by: wavyfish.8430

wavyfish.8430

I just can’t do it. my elementalist just dies in two hits from those kittening tendrils, because they not only aoe you in the 1 second you need to kittening see when the kitten ruka is going, they also fling you around until you can’t see any kitten. by the time you reorient yourself, goodbye try again.

guess what, i just found out they can also shoot you from the air. what do I even bother?>

all my gear breaks again and again. I don’t know what anet is trying to do when designing these kittening missions. the only things I want to do after trying so many times so kittening many times is not to play this kittening game ever again.

Khisanth.2948

I just can’t do it. my elementalist just dies in two hits from those kittening tendrils, because they not only aoe you in the 1 second you need to kittening see when the kitten ruka is going, they also fling you around until you can’t see any kitten. by the time you reorient yourself, goodbye try again.

all my gear breaks again and again. I don’t know what anet is trying to do when designing these kittening missions. the only things I want to do after trying so many times so kittening many times is not to play this kittening game ever again.

One very useful thing to know about that sequence is that you can and should run ahead of the exalted. You don’t need wait for him at the barrier. This delays the spawns of both the tendrils and the other stuff slightly.

Posted by: wavyfish.8430

wavyfish.8430

thanks for the tip, I started doing that around the time I died the 2rd time. I just feel that someone above on this thread is right, it’s all about the kittening camera angle and how lucky you are when clicking like crazy.

but you know what. I managed to make it through after like 2hrs. the quest bugged out on me after I threw the egg into the golden light. the loadscene won’t load, and then froze my computer. I kittening log in after restarting. guess what, I’ll have to restart again. I’m so fed up. the entire HOT map cluster is filled with fed up. I am going to take a kittening break from this game.

Posted by: Lemondrop.5216

Lemondrop.5216

The maze is even harder. I finally gave up. Spent hours trying to get through the maze in City of Hope and I just can’t do it in the time provided. I finally gave up and decided to make a different character. Hopefully I can do a different personal story because this one was just too hard for me. If I have to do the same maze again, I’ll just quit the game, it’s just impossible for me.

Khisanth.2948

The maze is even harder. I finally gave up. Spent hours trying to get through the maze in City of Hope and I just can’t do it in the time provided. I finally gave up and decided to make a different character. Hopefully I can do a different personal story because this one was just too hard for me. If I have to do the same maze again, I’ll just quit the game, it’s just impossible for me.

Eh? O_o

Try equipping something that gives a speed boost or using skills that provide swiftness. If you really need it you can also kill the sparks for more time.

Posted by: Agrotera.1254

Agrotera.1254

See if this video helps. It shows how to get through and get the achievement Flawless Escape. It shows that if you do not go to Ruka the tendrils do not spawn and it shows how to get through quickly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Fovv2Vf08

you can’t fix stupid