Problems with Shiverpeak Explorer

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: LemnzestManatee.2157

LemnzestManatee.2157

So I am trying to complete the Shiverpeak Explorer achievement, but I am stuck at 174/175. I have been scouring the internet trying to find some secret area that I missed, but every “easy to miss” area I appear to have. I have cross-checked my map with the Guild Wars 2 Wiki maps, and they both match. So I was wondering if it may be bugged, or if there was a new area added recently that the maps haven’t added yet.

Oh and I have done the new instanced area in Wayfarer Foothills today, Cragstead. Is it supposed to show up in white letters on your map? Because it doesn’t on mine.

Aisda Amaethon – 80 – Human Mesmer
Reitsuya Kanda – 2x – Human Thief
Aestrid Hlodviskin – 3x – Norn Ranger

Posted by: Skeletor.5127

Skeletor.5127

I know the last thing I needed for Shiverpeak Explorer, and took me a while to figure out was this:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forsaken_Fortune

It’s a mini dungeon, and once you do the primary quest and step through the portal, you enter Forsaken Halls, which will count as a point of discovery.

Posted by: kristijanH.1897

kristijanH.1897

I have the same problem. I have 174/175 and I did all the mini dungeons and have all worlds at 100%. I even cross checked all the zones via gw2 wiki and Cragstead is the only one that I am missing. I did not do the living story yet but I have been inside the zone and did not recieve any notification on the map.

LemnzestManatee.2157

@Skeletor: Thank you for your suggestion, but I have already completed Forsaken Halls. I even finished the mini-dungeon.

@Kristijan: Yeah I’ve completed the Cragstead instance too, but I received no notification and there is no white text with it’s name on my map. I’m really stumped by this. :/

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Unless Forsaken Halls and the new areas function as substitutes for other missing areas then won’t matter.

Getting 100% World Completion does help a bit. That means you can use the maps on the wiki with area boundaries and check every area that does NOT include a poi/wp/heart that you would have had to visit to get 100%.

You might want to check Shaman’s Rookery, Sector Zuhl, and Griffonrook Run. They are all jumping puzzles would not be considered easy to miss since you can’t miss them if you at least try to do each puzzle.

LemnzestManatee.2157

I have 100% World Completion, and I have all the other explorer achievements for the other areas.

I have those too and I’ve completed the jumping puzzles. I guess I’ll check Sector Zuhl again just to make sure that the game counted it.

kristijanH.1897

As I said before I have gone through the wiki and I have fund that I have each and every location on my map exept 2 – Cragsted and Hunter’s Hearth (home instance) in Hoelbrak – I forgot to mention this one yesterday. Since the second one does not have a screenshot of the map with the name on it on the wiki I’m pressuming that this is ok.

Cragstead on the other hand got a picture with the name on the map today. So there is an issue with this one for sure.

Edit: I just did the living story and still I do not have the map marker. This has to be a bug.

Edit 2: 2 minutes after I did the living story I got the marker and now I have completed the Achievement. I guess there was a bug with Cragstead.

(edited by kristijanH.1897)

Posted by: Mitzone.3915

Mitzone.3915

Cragstead on the other hand got a picture with the name on the map today. So there is an issue with this one for sure.

Edit: I just did the living story and still I do not have the map marker. This has to be a bug.

Edit 2: 2 minutes after I did the living story I got the marker and now I have completed the Achievement. I guess there was a bug with Cragstead.

I have the exact same problem. I explored all jumping puzzles in Shiverpeak area(174/175) and the only one missing seems to be this new Cragstead. Already completed the living story 2 times ( 2nd time i explored the area very carefully, trying to reach a ‘triggering’ point for the explorer, with no success.

Are there some ways to get this area done? Like i said, already completed the quest 2 times, and the name of this area doesn’t appear on my map.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I ended up making a list of the areas for each map in the Shiverpeaks (check the wiki for each map for the list of discoverable areas) I then compared and checked off the locations I had found already on each map in-game and figured out what I was missing that way. I found I had missed Forsaken Halls and DeMolish Post in Dredgehaunt. That was the easiest way for me to see what I was missing.

Posted by: Void.5049

Void.5049

Get very close to the door to Cragstead and you will get the area.
Doing the storyline did not give it to me either.

kristijanH.1897

I was standing outside of the gate (the gate where you start the instance not the mission!) for 2 minutes and I got the map indicator. If you do not have it on your map then you are missing Cragstead.

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

i was able to get into the forsaken JP portion, whee i died shortly after. it now shows as Forsaken Halls on my map, but i am still 174/175. i was at 173, but i did find the “coil” place in the lowest right corner below the grawl cave.

i am still stuck at 174 now for 3 days, rechecking maps and various forum sites looking for the answer. i already have 100% map completion.

Posted by: Mitzone.3915

Mitzone.3915

This did it. Finally got it. Thank you!

LemnzestManatee.2157

I was standing outside of the gate (the gate where you start the instance not the mission!) for 2 minutes and I got the map indicator. If you do not have it on your map then you are missing Cragstead.

Omg thank you so much! Yeah I had to go past the instance marker and go right up to the door to get Cragstead. How freakin’ dumb.
Anyways, thank you so much for this suggestion! And thank you to everyone else who offered suggestions! <3

Posted by: Cme.4507

Cme.4507

This did it. Finally got it. Thank you!

This did the trick for me too!! Thanx! <3

Khisanth.2948

i was able to get into the forsaken JP portion, whee i died shortly after. it now shows as Forsaken Halls on my map, but i am still 174/175. i was at 173, but i did find the “coil” place in the lowest right corner below the grawl cave.

i am still stuck at 174 now for 3 days, rechecking maps and various forum sites looking for the answer. i already have 100% map completion.

How about the tiny bit below Forsaken Hall? Ulluk’s Hunger?

Posted by: Gabriel.3719

Gabriel.3719

I’ve no words… Cragstead… 2 days of research… Hug the door…

Gabriel Love Leader of Guardiani Del Fato [GDF] on Gandara
www.guardianidelfato.eu

Posted by: Ysoac.2835

Ysoac.2835

I too am stuck at 174/175 and the only area that doesn’t appear on my map is Hunter’s Hearth. I have them all yes including cragstead. Can someone please tell me if you toggle your map does Hunter’s hearth show. I have been in there 1000 times and it’ not showing on my map but all other home locations do.

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

to be specific, that is the grawl cave that is iced shut? i will check again, but i am pretty sure i have that place you mentioned.

Posted by: Xisk.3451

Xisk.3451

I too am stuck at 174/175 and the only area that doesn’t appear on my map is Hunter’s Hearth. I have them all yes including cragstead. Can someone please tell me if you toggle your map does Hunter’s hearth show. I have been in there 1000 times and it’ not showing on my map but all other home locations do.

This is exactly my problem. I have walked both floors, gone in circles, even gone into Knut Whitebear’s loft and walked circles there (knowing that wasn’t it, but don’t know what else to try). Hunter’s Hearth is the very last thing I need. I just don’t get what I missed.

Ivor Emrys | Eirik Emrys | Lir Emrys
Tarnished Coast since BWE2

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

Just found a trick which may work for people. I got the Cragstead area unlocked by actually entering a cave just north of the Cragstead gate. It has a few spiders in it.

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Thanks for the info. Did a lot of jumping puzzles that I hadn’t done up until now and next I wanted to check for new areas and I missed this one too.

They should move the instance marker a bit more to the door and maybe make the area a bit bigger to cover a bit in front of the door.

It should not be possible to join the instance without discovering the area.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There appears to be a glitch with a lot of the achievements that can be done account bound. Some people saw this while doing the SAB bauble achievements for their title. This achievement was bugged until I noticed something that I had when trying to resolve people’s issue with SAB.

I’ve noticed two things:

1. The achievements are actually character bound when they shouldn’t be.
  2. The achievement completion is tied to the first character that started it for some objectives.

Elementalist was my first character and I got most of the areas revealed. About 3 weeks ago I decided to get Shiverpeaks Explorer completed and revealed the entire map on my guardian. No achievement rewarded and I still was shown to be missing one (some did register). The maps for my Ele and Guardian were the same except my Ele was missing one in Timberline, the mini dungeon you portal to, and the Cragstead one. I did them both on Ele and got the achievement. One of these may be bugged and only registers for the first character created on the account.

Can those who are unable to get this achievement please do what I did and see if that fixes the issue? Try this with other bugged achievements such as diving locations and hints.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: YuckaMountain.3786

YuckaMountain.3786

What I missed was Trail of the Serpent in Timberline Falls, south east corner not too far from the Coil Waypoint. The entrance is bit hidden so it might be easily missed.

Posted by: Ankara.4308

Ankara.4308

to be specific, that is the grawl cave that is iced shut? i will check again, but i am pretty sure i have that place you mentioned.

Yea…. Nvr heard of Ulluk’s Hunger, can’t even find it on wiki, but that’s what i was missing. Ty

Posted by: Franck.3562

Franck.3562

I was 173/175 and the two areas I was missing were in Timberline Falls southeast corner:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tail_of_the_Serpent
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lair_of_the_Coil

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Well I’ve done every place listed, completed the JP’s in this thread and still at 174/175, 100% map complete on 2 characters so that should exclude any area with WP’s, POI’s & SP’s, any other ideas?

- Forsaken Hall
- Tail of the Serpent
- Lair of the Coil
- Cragstead area
- DeMolish Post

Aerinndis.2730

Sola, did you get Griffinrook Run in Lorner’s Pass? That is a bit hard to find unless you know where to dive down to.

The way I figured out what I was missing was I made a list of everything in each map on notepad and printed it out and then compared it to each map. Flipping back and forth on screens was too hard for me to keep track of what I was missing. I just checked things off as I went and found it was DeMolish Post and Forsaken Halls I needed to complete.

Sola.7250

Sola, did you get Griffinrook Run in Lorner’s Pass? That is a bit hard to find unless you know where to dive down to.

The way I figured out what I was missing was I made a list of everything in each map on notepad and printed it out and then compared it to each map. Flipping back and forth on screens was too hard for me to keep track of what I was missing. I just checked things off as I went and found it was DeMolish Post and Forsaken Halls I needed to complete.

Never completed the Griffinrook Run puzzle (hate timed puzzles) but, did completed one of the Kite runs there. I don’t seem to be missing anything

Posted by: yanchoy.9176

yanchoy.9176

This was my last piece.

Ulukk’s Hunger

/Snow white and the 7 dwarfs and their wives

Sola.7250

Thanks but, Ulukk’s Hunger wasn’t it, I’m going back to each of the Jumping Puzzles.
Never did the Tribulation Caverns puzzle in Dredgehaunt Cliffs and it’s now closed off, could that be it?

Places
- Forsaken Hall
- Tail of the Serpent
- Lair of the Coil
- Cragstead area
- DeMolish Post
- Ulukk’s Hunge

Puzzles
- Shamans Rookery
- King Jalis’s Refuge
- Griffonrook Run
- Coddler’s Cove
- Only Zuhl
- Shattered Ice Ruins
- Tribulation Caverns (closed off, not done)

This one is really driving me crazzzzzzzzzzy.

(edited by Sola.7250)

Sola.7250

Well I finally got it, turns out the video I saw on Tribulation Caverns was either old or just wrong, on the starting location, went back and completed it, got the Shiverpeak Explorer!

Aerinndis.2730

Congratulations, Sola!

Posted by: Souff.2671

Souff.2671

Yay, Lair of the Coil was it to me.

I’m not an english speaker. So my english is super poor. Very SOrry!

Posted by: Wesnoth.1705

Wesnoth.1705

Tribulation Caverns and Lair of the Coil was what i was missing

What you must learn in gw2 is to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npO-NoOPOg

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Hm…I still need this so may check back later on the places listed here

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: Fade.9124

Fade.9124

Well I finally got it, turns out the video I saw on Tribulation Caverns was either old or just wrong, on the starting location, went back and completed it, got the Shiverpeak Explorer!

thanks Sola that was mine as well it’s always that very last one Anet is sneaky funny thing is i did the previous jumping puzzle that takes you up there already and totally missed that path lol.

Posted by: domn.6825

domn.6825

Lair of The Coil was what did it for me.

Posted by: Cassandra Nea.2507

Cassandra Nea.2507

Question: Do I have actually do the Forsaken Halls minidungeon for this area to count? It looks like the kind of place I would hate, so please say I don’t have to….

Khisanth.2948

Question: Do I have actually do the Forsaken Halls minidungeon for this area to count? It looks like the kind of place I would hate, so please say I don’t have to….

You only have to uncover the area for Shiverpeak Explorer but for the Forsaken Fortune achievement you’ll need to need to do the mini dungeon thing.

Posted by: Cassandra Nea.2507

Cassandra Nea.2507

Thanks so much. In that case it’s something else I’m missing…back to poring over lists and maps!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

There is an area behind the incredibly annoying JP at Tribulation Rift also in Dredgehaunt Clifts that I missed the first time around, simply happy I made it after an hour of trying I waypointed away without noticing the entrance. Area’s called Tribulation Caverns. So I’m missing that and Forsaken Halls.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Locutus.2015

Locutus.2015

I was 173/175 and the two areas I was missing were in Timberline Falls southeast corner:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tail_of_the_Serpent
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lair_of_the_Coil

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I have had 173/175 for so long and these 2 were exactly what I needed!

Nyxxi – 80 Mesmer | Trixx Golemancer – 80 Warrior |
Valora Fluxx – 80 Thief | Sea of Sorrows
Glitch!

(edited by Locutus.2015)