Profession Decision

Profession Decision

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Holoboyz.9256

Holoboyz.9256

After limiting down the most preferred profs : Mesmer,Guardian,Elemenalist

I want to know what prof you guys think is best. I want to have class that is effective in all areas of the game (fractals,pvp,pve,wvw,etc) and is very versatile in the sense it can be built in many ways.
Moreover also i want to know what you guys/girls find the most aesthetically pleasing and feels very smooth when playing.
Also I would want to know what prof is always wanted in the party for any form of situation.

Profession Decision

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Here is a valuable lesson for you: the wheel of power turns ever, ever on. Whatever class is powerful today will be powerless tomorrow. (or, more realistically, whatever is one percent above the rest today will be one percent below them tomorrow, as the balance team nudge things around.)

All three classes are extremely versatile, and can perform well in all areas of the game. They play somewhat differently, and TBH, my “aesthetically pleasing” and “smooth when playing” are probably not going to match yours, so that’s not a useful guide.

Perhaps your best option is to create a level one instance of each, take them to the PvP lobby, and try out their fully unlocked specs there to see how you feel about them? That’s the easiest way to get a preview of max level play on the class…

(how do I know our aesthetics are different for classes? your final list, and mine, are radically different.

Profession Decision

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

You can look at the current “desired builds” on metabattle.com to see what’s currently “in” for different game modes.

Profession Decision

Posted by: Fluffy.1932

Fluffy.1932

I don’t have much pvp experience, so all of the following is from a pve perspective (raids, fractals, dungeons, open world).

If you plan on doing raids, I recommend elementalist. It doesn’t have to tank or heal, but is still very useful, which is helpful when learning that gamemode. Mesmer is also useful, but much more difficult and critical to success, so it’s hard to learn raids on.

For fractals, all of those are good. Fractals are much less restrictive on what classes you plan on playing, so you can succeed on any.

In general pve, once again you can succeed on anything. However many mesmer builds are focused on buffing allies so you might do less damage on that class when running around by yourself.

Mesmer has a couple good builds. The build I’m most familiar with is a chronomancer buffing build. Basically you give a bunch of quickness and alacrity to your allies. This is amazing in instanced content like raids and fractals. You also have the option of condi mesmer. This build does good damage at the cost of giving up your support abilities. Condi mesmer is much less useful in raids, but can still be fun in fractals and open world. One of the great things about mesmer is the ability to pull mobs together with your focus to more easily kill them.

Guard is a powerful dps class that has more survivability than an elementalist due to the heavy armor. You can also provide some unique utility in the form of blocks for your group, reflects, pulls, etc. This is less desirable in raids, but great in fracs and open world.

Ele is the highest dps class in the game, making it great everywhere. However it is very squishy. Playing ele you have to really be able to dodge attacks and actively avoid damage. It is highly desirable in raids, and also good in fracs and open world. If you want an alt build, heal ele is actually pretty good. It doesn’t give the buffs that other healers can give, but a heal ele can really carry a fractal group.

As for aesthetics, they all have their own. I personally like ele a lot with the elemental theme. I’m not a huge fan of a lot of the light armor on males though. Heavy armor tends to look more ‘cool’ which is what I usually go for.

Fluffy Fuz
The Edge of Oblivion [EDGE]

Profession Decision

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

My suggestion is similar to slippycheeze and deanbb. go to pvp lobby and try out the metabattle builds.