Profession advice

Profession advice

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Sounds like you’d like Ranger. The short bow and long bow are both good ranged options (short bow for conditions) and offer elements of aoe damage like skill 5 with the long bow and good single target damage. Short bow is mid-range and does less DPS, but shoots faster, so using your pet to keep the enemy at range will still get them killed nice and quick. Rangers have good survivability (if you’d not stated that I might have suggested Ele on staff), lots of evades and also can do a lot of damage in melee as well should you ever get bored of ranged combat.

The other option is Necro for survivability and range. Staff, aside from skill 1, is all aoe damage, and it does a significant amount. Scepter allows you mid-range combat and skill 2 is a cripple and good for kiting. Daggers are actually allow you some range on a Necro, though from the sounds of it, it’s probably still too close to melee than what you’re looking for.

Engineers also allow for good mid-range (or long-range if you use a rifle) damage and survivability (I’d say straight up it’s not as good as Ranger or Necro, but that’s mostly personal experience with each of the classes speaking). Equip a grenade kit and you’re doing a lot of damage and applying conditions at range, and have pistols or rifle as your weapons.

Warriors have ranged options as well, as you can use longbow or rifle. Both have good DPS, but I would say to play a ranged Warrior (if you only range), you’d not get the most out of that class, so I wouldn’t recommend it simply because it could become boring for you. But if you insist on survivability, then Warrior is very tanky in that regard.

Profession advice

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

While guard is mostly not oriented for ranged combat, the DPS of Scepter is actually rather decent.

Anyhow, Mesmers are highly survivable using GS/Staff combo. It’s not fast, but it’s hard to die as a Mesmer.

Thieves have pistol and shortbow for ranged option. Shortbow is the best weapon to use for leveling because of its mobility, multiple target auto-attack, etc.

What do you currently not like about all the professions you’ve tried so far?

Just as disclaimers, at the end-game content (dungeon), the only professions who are considered okay for ranged DPS are Elementalist staff and grenade Engineers.

I’m just saying in case you’ll be one of those people who receive one of the innumerable dungeon traumas for ranging as the game’s contents are presently not really designed to encourage range encounters except in very few circumstances.

Profession advice

Posted by: Exodia.7108

Exodia.7108

Thank w8ing for more people say what they think i like ele too but ele die vry easy,try ele on target dumys and not get impresed, i read this many times http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1ojgdr/what_class_should_i_play_a_summary_of_each/ and stop play ele is too hard cant understand idea, yes i play d/d or s/d(condition ele trying) disappoint me this "-Terrible in a Straight Fight – The downside to having so many neat tools is that you’re expected to use them. If you don’t milk your skills for all they’re worth or make proper use of combo fields, elementalists are pretty weak.’’.Few time i thing try conjurer ele.
With ranger is easy pet get mob u shot from distance if pet go die just change and swap pets but this is when lvl up q-ing never try ranger in instance no idea good or bad.
For necro cant get idea too 80% of all slot skill look for me useless pet sux die rly fast
healing abilities too.
For enginer in my guild tell me enginer make low dmg for instance ans is useless too but i like idea trow or drop bombs use fire or elixir gun for turrets what say good idea bad realization.

Profession advice

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Hello already 2 week cant chose profession for me try all except guard, mesmer and thief.
Like range dps for pve with strong aoe/single target dmg and good survived ability please help me. Yes all my chars is low lvls

Engineer. The only profession whom has a Ranged option that is “DPS”. Grenades are borderline OP.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Profession advice

Posted by: Odin.1354

Odin.1354

Go warrior, it is probably the easiest class of them all. And let me help you : High dps and high survivability never go hand in hand, would be too strong. The survival usually also comes from the player themself, how good are you with the buttons?

But warrior has high damage and a large health pool to allow for some errors.

-Gunnar’s Hold-

Profession advice

xallever.1874

In an organised dungeon run, Engineers have no place (there’s no more need for an engineer if you already have 2-3 Eles). But Engineers can still run dungeons (still viable). Note that even though you’ll be ranging, throwing grenades, you’ll be expected to be in the melee range for most part. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a Ranger, Engineer, Elementalist, etc.

It’s true that Elementalist isn’t the easiest class to play. If you’re interested, the Ele thread can help with you how to improve your leveling experience, making it more durable if you’re struggling (bunker Ele line: you can either use Staff or D/D).

The Elementalist baseline damage isn’t great because Elementalist already has the highest DPS potential in the game due to all the might stacks and Fiery Greatsword. Using Scepter/Dagger, you can easily get a stack of 18 Might before the fight even starts.

My suggestion is to try Mesmer. Leveling could be quite slow initially, but once you can put 20 points in Domination, things would really pick up from there.

Mesmers aren’t expected to range in dungeons too. But in WvW, the Mesmers usually are involved in quite a bit of range combat.

Profession advice

Posted by: Exodia.7108

Exodia.7108

not good prefer mouse but know how press button only for primary ability 1-5 use keyboard

Profession advice

xallever.1874

Yup. Mesmers don’t need a lot of combo management like the Elementalist. Especially phantasm builds.

Anyway, if not, as someone else said, continue with your Ranger. Just remember that you’ll be expected to run melee (sword) for dungeon, and it’s not the easiest to pick up.

Profession advice

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

Don’t give up on the Ranger.