Profession of a Charr

Profession of a Charr

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: CubicalChicken.9416

CubicalChicken.9416

I finally got my IRL friend to get the game! Being the blunt and char-like person he is he decided he wanted a Char Warrior. My problem is deciding which profession to make my Char. I don’t intend to turn this into the “which class is bestest” fight, but I would like some opinions. Currently I already have a 80 Engineer, 10 thief, 10 warr. The classes I’m looking at are, Char Elementalist, Char Guardian, or Char Ranger, and MAYBE Char mesmer but there are so many of those guys I’m not sure its imporant.

TL;DR – Char Ele, Char Guardian, or Char Ranger? Just type up a little paragraph on your thoughts

PS: I’m not a pro by any standards but since I already have xp I wouldn’t mind a class that is pretty good at support. Hence the leaning towards Guardian or Ele.

Profession of a Charr

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Guardian or ele are definitely the best choices for support. Personally I like ele most of those two but a lot of people find it challenging, especially at lower levels. You can expect to be downed, and even die, a lot but later on your survivial gets much better.

Guardians are pretty much the opposite, very durable but IMO not as fun to play.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Profession of a Charr

CubicalChicken.9416

Guardians are pretty much the opposite, very durable but IMO not as fun to play.

This was one of my worries, Paladin was the one class in WoW I never leveled 60+. I’ve heard Gaurdians are very viable and powerful but melee classes that are very magic/melee tend to become boring IMPO.

Profession of a Charr

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’d still give them a try if you think you might like them. A lot of people do play guardians so I assume they like them.

I just prefer the ones that keep me busy in combat. Elementalist, engineer and a ranger where I need to keep swapping weapons and manuvering to be fully effective are my favourites. Whereas I found both guardian and warrior too straight-forward and simple to keep me interested.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Profession of a Charr

CubicalChicken.9416

I’ve decided upon Char Elementalist, its unique and after several minutes of game play I’m already feeling the utility and well… magic Thanks for your time.

His name is Ron Furrgundy! The adventure begins…

Profession of a Charr

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Eles are pretty awesome, just keep in mind every class can both melee and range

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com