Professions

Professions

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Erickmwc.9135

Erickmwc.9135

Hello, I know that each professions have pros and cons, but I started with a warrior(now lvl 10) and I think he is dying easily, so I’ll start with a new class and want your opinions:
Who would you choose between: (and if possible, why)
-Necromancer
-Mesmer
-Ranger (just they can summon animals?)
-Elementalist
I’ve bought the game yesterday and I’m still lost on it, so I’m grateul with any king of help. (sorry for my english, I’m from Brazil)
Grateful now

Professions

Posted by: applekwisp.2139

applekwisp.2139

maybe a guardian. if you are having trouble with a warrior, definitely dont do a mesmer or an elementalist. perhaps you should try dodging more or obtaining better gear.

Professions

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

Don’t judge the warrior’s survivability until you’ve bought the healing signet skill. It make a world of difference at that level.

Professions

Posted by: Cerebelum.6087

Cerebelum.6087

I only started GW2 2 weeks ago, started as I always do with a Ranger. But, my mate had one of those, so at 15 i switched to a Charr warrior. I have not looked back, 44 and purring along nicely! The regen signet makes a world of difference and with a decent 2-H hammer the kitty rocks! Give the warrior a bit more time. I usually go rifle and 2-H hammer as my 2 weapon sets, getting anything that has +pow on it or +precision, learn your skills and kite like crazy!

Professions

Posted by: Kobal.5234

Kobal.5234

Hello, I know that each professions have pros and cons, but I started with a warrior(now lvl 10) and I think he is dying easily, so I’ll start with a new class and want your opinions:
Who would you choose between: (and if possible, why)
-Necromancer
-Mesmer
-Ranger (just they can summon animals?)
-Elementalist

From the above, the Ranger is by far the easiest profession to start with. You get a starter pet and can tame animals (by ‘talking’ to animals/creatures that have the word ‘Juvenile’ in front of them). You can have 2 pets at any time which you can switch out whenever you need. Your pet is your personal tank while you can stay at range.

I highly suggest getting 2 bears if you’re just starting out. Nothing will be able to kill you up untill you start encountering the Risen (undead enemies), because they ignore your pet mostly and you’ll have to dodge/etc. Eventually you can switch to more squishy but higher damage pets when you get used to the class.

I would advise against rolling an Elementalist or a Mesmer if you’re not that familiar with the game or the genre, because those professions require a lot of work and/or time to get used to. An Elementalist is very squishy and will die a lot faster than a warrior ever will. You’ll be forced to kite enemies, use skill combos and get used to using all 20 attunement skills to get the most of the profession. But when you do get a hang of it, it’s very very very fun to play.

A Mesmer is a great class, but tends to feel fairly weak untill about level 40-45 or so. After that, it’s a very strong class. But it’s special class mechanic will require you to adapt quite a bit from ‘normal’ profession styles. For this class goes the same as an Elementalist; when you do get a hang of it, it’s very very very fun to play. It might just take some time.

A Necromancer is a good caster class to start with if you really want a caster class. This is because you can transform into something else and you get an entire second life bar. But it’s still harder to play than a Warrior or Ranger because you’ll mostly kill with condition damage and will have to kite a lot.

To be honest, if you’re new, I’d highly suggest a Ranger even if you’re just going to stop playing that profession. You’ll get to know the game before jumping into other classes. You can always choose to create an alt and play more than 1 profession.

Also, regardless of the profession you pick, learn to dodge attacks! It’s the most important thing in this game and every single profession has to do it if they wish to live. If you see an enemy charging an attack or if you’ve fought it before, double tap any direction key to roll away and dodge the attack. Once you get the hang of this, life will become a lot easier!

And just as a final word of advice; Don’t get discouraged when you die a few times! I know I did when I first started playing. Every profession has it’s weak spots and will die from time to time. Anyone who says otherwise, is lying.

Professions

Posted by: Erickmwc.9135

Erickmwc.9135

I’ve created now a ranger class and it’s easier than warrior to me for now. But in the next days I’ll return to play as a warrior because I always play with they in every game.
Tranks to all mainly to Kobal.

Professions

Posted by: Pinder.5261

Pinder.5261

Something to consider: the PvE environment will get a significant difficulty spike at 10-20, especially if you’re a new player. Outside of certain outliers (such as a Ranger with a Bear), this will happen to every class. Some more than others, granted, but the mobs get a good bit tougher for everyone.

So don’t worry, it isn’t you, and it isn’t the warrior. It’s just how the game goes. If you enjoy the Warrior, just push through it and you’ll catch up to the curve in no time.