Proffesion help/tips/suggestions

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Ok, I am going to approach and ask this a bit different from the old “Just returned, what should I play” type of question.
I have been back playing for a little over 2 yrs now and have an 80 of each build. I have Herald, Reaper and DH all “raid ready” and have actually killed a boss or 2 with them. Also have a Ele that could step into a raid if I wanted, same with Thief.
My problem is that outside of a raid environment they all seem kinda boring to me. Staff AA or Sword 1 or spam Staff 1,2 and 5 on CD. Oh and that last one, the Ele, no way, not my thing just waaay to squishy for my taste and playstyle.
I played DK and Bear tanks in WOW so I am used to and prefer a in your face sort of thing. DH is close to what I like but with Hammer…so slow and no run speed buffs just blows. Engi just doesn’t feel right and Warrior as well, I don’t like GS 3 and the root aspect of 100 blades kills it.
So yea, I am at a quandary for sure. My Rev for the mot part does decent dps running around solo and I do have the speed thing going, so it may end up him but again, only 1 or 2 attack choices gets old. Is this a curse of the game, giving you only a few options with which to attack or I am just missing it?
It may well be I step back from the game all together and take a breather, but we have only just started up a static raid team so would hate to bale on them.
Should add that I am also trying to find a Prof that would have a nod for raids, pugs or guild, if I so desired. Thief was feeling ok but in regards to raids they seem to be on the hate train as well.
Thanks for any input you can give and yea, it does come down to what I prefer but sometimes hearing from others experiences can help.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Since you like DH, have you tried using great sword? It’s a more bursty weapon than hammer so combat feels more fast paced. Combine that with Retreat (+/- speed boosting runes an a 2nd armor set).
You’ll have to switch your build and equipment when you go raiding, but that may be a good compromise to have a more enjoyable open world experience.