Q: Starting location.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Naavle.2780

Naavle.2780

Q:

Hello. I’d like to ask about starting location of game. I am downloading the game now with friend of mine. We’d like to play together. Our question is since what level can we start playing together (since from what I understood every race starts in different location). Are those locations far from themselves? If so – how far.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

A:

By the time you finish the start, which takes under 10 minutes, you are level two and at the start spot of your race’s first zone. Just decide which racial zone you want to start in (or what city, you get xp for exploring cities as well) and meet there.

There are two ways to hook up: Either go through the pink portal in your start city, which puts you on a dock in Lion’s Arch with more pink portals to each other city (and then explore LA or go to a racial area), or click the crossed swords on the screen upper left as Khisanth said. Select Go to the Mists, you will be in a lobby (you might have to do a fast tutorial to get to the main meeting area there, I forget), then go through the pink portal to LA and proceed as above.

edit: If you go through the Mists portal to LA you will be south from the multi portal dock, and must run over the bridge and then down to your left to get to the portals. The ones you start at from the Mists are portals to the World v World areas, not cities.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

As soon as you get out of the starting instance you can join up. Each racial city has an asura portal that connects to Lion’s Arch. You can also travel to Lion’s Arch by going through the PvP lobby by clicking the crossed swords on the top of the screen and walking through the portals there.

Posted by: Naavle.2780

Naavle.2780

Ok thanks but can you tell me how much time approx it takes to play together? And at what level are you done with starting instance?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You can finish the starting instance in about 10 minutes, it’s just a short introduction. (You can also take your time and go through it slowly, or repeat bits if you want to, but there’s no real reason to do that.)

As soon as you’re out you can head into your racial capital (the entrance is a blue portal somewhere behind you, if you tell us what races you’re playing we can give you exact directions).

Then you need to find a pink portal on the map and go through that. You’ll appear in Lion’s Arch – the main hub city – with 4 other pink portals around you. The guards beside each one show you which race’s city they lead to.

Once you’re both in the same city you just need to head back out to the starting zone (which is immediately outside) and you can play together. Or you could use the portals to go to a completely different race’s zone, it’s up to you.

The only thing is your Personal Story will still be in your original zone so you’ll need to go back there to do it. But that’s ok, you can just go back through the portals. They’re free, always working and you can use them as many times as you like.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”