Questing

Questing

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Narkis.2763

Narkis.2763

Q:

I’m only level 19 but I seem to be under level for most of the area that I’m in at the moment done all I can, Though Not tried Level 20 stuff, Does this Always stay like that? Should I go to another starting area and do them quest?

did any of you get this I just wish there were more quest around so I can Stay on track.

Thief will strike from Behind and Steel your life from the shadows!!

Questing

Posted by: Noel.9014

Noel.9014

I am having the same trouble on my lvl 18 thief….. only lvl 22 and up stuff to do….. very challenging…

Questing

Posted by: Maverick.6485

Maverick.6485

Well, you guys have to remember that this isn’t like other MMOs where you just complete quests(hearts) then move on.

You really want to try and hit up as many events as you can. These give you TONS of experience. Also, PVP, WvWvW, and crafting all give you tons of experience as well. As does exploring and map completion.

So you really can’t just focus on the hearts as if they are quest hubs.

If you REALLY want to do it that way, you can go to the other starter zones, since you get scaled down, and complete those hearts.

Also there are other zones that are your level, say 15-20. Not just one.

Hope some of this helps.

Questing

Posted by: Pazernus.9273

Pazernus.9273

id suggest you to try crafting also along with levelling. crafting can be major exp contributor towards levelling, along with all the events and such you get to do along with harvesting materials.

each time you get skill level for profession, your char gains some exp too, wich easily piles up if you got leftover materials to use wich makes levelling alot easier.

also try to explore, to get maps 100% cleared, and do other areas of same level my self i was bit behind around 28, and my mission was for 31 storyline wise, after doing other area abit, some events and alot of cooking, without even doing next area to 100% i was at lvl 33 and having easy time starting the new zone

Questing

Posted by: Narkis.2763

Narkis.2763

I have been doing all the maps too 100% Well All humans starting area, Crafting I need to do more off its just getting the mats, I also Understand that its not like other MMOs I should do the Events more then once I guess too.

Thief will strike from Behind and Steel your life from the shadows!!

Questing

Posted by: Maverick.6485

Maverick.6485

Definitely Definitely craft. You’ll be VERY surprised at how much xp you get.

Also, remember that the trick to crafting is discovery, not production. You get a boat load of XP discovering new recipes.

For example, in leatherworking, I’d take Glove linings, a glove strap, and then an insignia, put them together in the discovery box, and BOOM, lots of xp. Then do it again with a different insignia.

Don’t forget that you can also salvage most weapons/armor you get. I always carry 2 or 3 salvage kits in my pack, and salvage everything I get (unless I need money), and then I depost all those materials in my collection.

They just added a feature that lets you craft without taking the items you’ve put in your collection out and putting them in your inventory.

But you DO need to put items you want to use for discovery into your inventory for them to be able to be used in the discovery tab.

Also, spending some silver on the TP to get materials you need is a great way to boost your crafting level.

You can also switch crafts anytime you want, without losing your level in the original craft. However, it does cost some silver (probably depending on your craft’s level) to switch back, and a bunch of the crafts use the same material (i.e. wood or ore) But it’s a great way to get some more XP if you’ve run out of specific mats for the current crafting you’re doing.

Last but not least, you can search for guides for the specific craft you have chosen at the time and they are really great in telling you exactly how many materials and what materials you need to get from say, 1-75 in that craft’s level.