Question about 3rd party app policy.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

Hello all,
From https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Policy-3rd-Party-Programs-Multi-Boxing-Macros we have:

Macros
Guild Wars 2 players are permitted to use macros as long as the macros are programmed with a 1 key for 1 function protocol.
This means that if you program a macro, it must require one keystroke per action. You may not program a single key to perform multiple functions.
For example, if you Press A and it results in the casting of a single skill, you’re ok. If you Press A and it casts multiple spells, you’re not ok.
You cannot program a macro to perform the same or multiple actions on more than one account at a time.
You cannot program an “auto-clicker” macro that, for instance, opens chests while you play elsewhere.

I need help understanding if my app is out of bound or not.
I coded an overlay to see World Event Bosses, you can see it in my sign. So far everything is good.
But recently I developped another function that links the closest waypoint when you click on the event name in my app. This is done using applescript, I did not modify the client in any way. My app only writes in the chat, it does nothing else.

What is your opinion about it ?

Attachments:

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

You are probably best off messaging one of the staff directly.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Asking a staff member might not be helpful, since I think it’s their policy not to review individual applications, since that opens an impractical number of other issues.

Gaile Gray

The best way for a player to kitten whether a specific third-party program could have any impact on another player or a PvP opponent is to ask:

• “Does this program allow someone to play faster, better, longer, or more accurately than someone who doesn’t use it?”
  • “Does this program allow someone to ‘play’ when he/she is not at the computer?”
  • “Does this program allow the user to gain undeserved rewards?”

It doesn’t sound like your application provides an advantage (at least, any more than having an event timer with chat codes open on a second monitor,) so I wouldn’t expect it to be a problem.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Pyrasia.9281

Pyrasia.9281

It /should/ be fine from what I see here..

Posted by: An Siorai Tharian.4516

An Siorai Tharian.4516

Asking a staff member might not be helpful, since I think it’s their policy not to review individual applications, since that opens an impractical number of other issues.

Gaile Gray

The best way for a player to kitten whether a specific third-party program could have any impact on another player or a PvP opponent is to ask:

• “Does this program allow someone to play faster, better, longer, or more accurately than someone who doesn’t use it?”
  • “Does this program allow someone to ‘play’ when he/she is not at the computer?”
  • “Does this program allow the user to gain undeserved rewards?”

It doesn’t sound like your application provides an advantage (at least, any more than having an event timer with chat codes open on a second monitor,) so I wouldn’t expect it to be a problem.

Those 3 questions are severely unhelpful. As those three questions, if taken as meaning “if any of these are answered in the affirmative, then you may be in the wrong. If more than one is answered in the affirmative, you are probably in the wrong. If all three are the affirmative, then you are definitely in the wrong,” would immediately place into question most Gaming Hardware that have macroes hardwired into their drivers, such as Naga Razer Mice and Keyboards. That includes the heavily marketed Collectible SteelSeries Guild Wars 2 Keyboard and Mouse.

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA
Ranger 80 | Elementalist 30 | Guardian 29 | Necromancer 21