Question about Ascended item (Infusion)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Panther of Oz.1492

Panther of Oz.1492

From what i know there is option to infuse Ascendent item (Uninfused) by using Mystic Forge.For my back piece it coasts around 250 ectoplasm to upgrade it to “Infused”

However,I saw something called “Simple Infusion” that can be bought inside FoTM dungeon from golem merchant,it is pretty cheap

I want to know what is the difference,and what should i do for the time beeing

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

From what i know there is option to infuse Ascendent item (Uninfused) by using Mystic Forge.For my back piece it coasts around 250 ectoplasm to upgrade it to “Infused”

However,I saw something called “Simple Infusion” that can be bought inside FoTM dungeon from golem merchant,it is pretty cheap

I want to know what is the difference,and what should i do for the time beeing

Ascended gear come in two types: basic and infused. Basic have only an open infusion slot (which you insert the simple infusion from FoTM in). An infused version is an upgraded version of the ascended item which has an INHERENT +5 agony resistance AND an open infusion slot. So a basic ascended item can only have +5 AR, but an upgraded (infused) version can have a total of +10 AR.

It’s understandable that you got confused, the naming system is a little bit odd =P

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

upgrading an item to infused will only help you in fractals of the mist high high levels.
but still, your gear set isn’t complete until you infused and infusion it, so…