Question about New Account Mailing limit.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Tavee.9720

Tavee.9720

So I got my friend guild wars 2 since it was sale and I wanted to help him out with getting some achievements and gave him 200 gold for the golden title and achievement. He isnt able to send me my money back though because of the new account mail gold limit.

I looked into this a bit and I got several answers about when he can send it back, but which answer is true?
I think 3 and 2 cant be it though because he is max level now and is at the level 76 story quest. He also has 600 achievement points. Account age is currently 3-4 days old now.
1. When as he gets achievement points.
2. When he goes through the story mode.
3. When he is a higher level.
4. Sending amount increases with money he makes himself.
5. With account age.

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

Couldn’t he just send it in increments instead of all at once?
(I didn’t realize there was even a counter measure against something like this, so I don’t have an answer)

Tavee.9720

He has been slowly, the problem is how long it will take and how much effort as he can only send 1 gold at a time and only 1 mail per minute.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If he can hit max level and the level 76 story in 3-4 days he must have a lot of time to play and a very focused attitude to the game. He could probably make 200 gold himself pretty quickly.

But aside from that I think it’s entirely based on the age of the account. The block is there to stop gold sellers using new accounts for sending gold (which would keep their main account safe from being banned), or at least to make it more trouble than it’s worth for them. Lots of people have done the same thing you have and their friend was able to send it back, but I think they’ve usually been in the game longer.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Tavee.9720

He got to level 40 then i let him use some of the money to craft the rest of the levels. I want him to enjoy the game, not spend 130 minutes straight minutes mailing me lol.
I guess i could wait a bit more but how long would the age be fine for the increased gold mailing. Does anyone know how old the account would be?

(edited by Tavee.9720)

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

weird never had that before. i send hundreds of gold trough the mail for the exact same reason :P. welp i can only suggest he sends it back a bit at a time

maybe you can get a guild to use there guildbank as a middleman, though you have to be able to trust the guildies then

Tavee.9720

I guess I will have to try out the guild bank thing, thanks Cyto. I would still like to know what lets him send more money though if anyone knows the real answer.