Question about, Restoring Caladbolg.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Once you have done it on one toon, are you able to keep doing it on other toons who have completed the HoT story or once you have done it the first time, is that the only time you can get an Ascended?

Reason I ask is I did it will my DH, but, I was wondering if I could do it on my other toons to get the available weapons.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

You may do it for every character that has completed Hearts and Minds, the last chapter of HoT. You will receive an ascended weapon each time.

If you were just looking for the skins, you can change the ascended weapon your DH got back into a Regrown Caladbolg to then choose a different version.

G R E E N E R

(edited by Greener.6204)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You may do it for every character that has completed Hearts and Minds, the last chapter of HoT. You will receive an ascended weapon each time.

If you were just looking for the skins, you can change the ascended weapon your DH got back into a Regrown Caladbolg to then choose a different version.

Be sure to remove any infusions you have — like Zomorros, Ridhais destroys the original and replaces it, so all upgrades are lost.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Keep in mind that if you do it again on an alt, you will have to craft the special items. Those only come once, via achievements (unless I’ve totally misunderstood). So the remaining weapons after your first one will cost you some valuable materials.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here’s the Wiki information on acquiring the additional weapons (or a duplicate):

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guide_to_Current_Event_achievements#Sword_Taxonomy

Good luck.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Keep in mind that if you do it again on an alt, you will have to craft the special items. Those only come once, via achievements (unless I’ve totally misunderstood). So the remaining weapons after your first one will cost you some valuable materials.

Correct.

Last time I checked, of the 5 weapons, 3 were somewhat cheaper to craft through the usual methods, 2 were cheaper via Ridhais. However, they do require fulgurite — if you don’t do a lot of the original HoT maps, that might be too precious a resource to spend.

edit: adding price details
Here’s a link to pricing details for crafting Hronk’s version of the five weapons, along with a Caladbolg variant (prices are identical for all five).
GW2 Efficiency

Summary: Caladbolg versions are cheaper if you have plenty of Fulgurite and need Viper’s or Commander’s or similarly expensive HoT stats; core ascended is probably easier to make and otherwise similar in price.

• Caladbolg variants cost ~57 gold, plus 30 Fulgurite (worth about 8g total, if you sold jeweled patches)
  • More expensive: Hronk’s Wand is ~64g, the GS & sword are ~59g
  • Less expensive: Shield ~51g, Dagger ~55g
  • Add 5g to turn Hronk’s into e.g. Viper’s

(estimated value of Fulgurite is based on comparing jeweled vs non-jeweled patches & dowels)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)