Question about low area population

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Hey all!

First off, this is not a rant. I had observed that on my server (Borlis Pass), low level areas are literally a ghost town. I played my alt for 60mins and I only saw 2 players on Kessex Hills. Really?

I mean, I understand that most people have gotten to 80 and some lowbies are levelling via crafting, but that could not contribute to almost 0 people in a map, wouldn’t it?

So, I did also an Asura and guess what, it’s the same. Empty low level areas.

So, my main questions are the following:

Which server still has an active low level areas (excluding bots)?
Is the “once a week” server transfer already implemented?
Can I still join my guildmates (which are on Borlis Pass) on dungeon raids if I did a server transfer?

Thanks in adance!

Cheers!

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

On a large number of servers, *every* zone is a ghost town. We’re done with the game, but will get new content soon, and we’ll finish that in a week or two.

Very few. Even including bots, very few, and "active" is a very loose term.
Lockouts on server transfers are currently one week, yes.
You will find it hard to join your friends without guesting if you transfer to another server without them.

What I would suggest is that you get a guildie, and you level with them. Playing with friends is *always* the best option.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

You’re on BP. That’s the issue. I’m on Fergusson’s Crossing, so we’re in the same boat. For your own reference, head over to the WvW forum and take a look at the sticked thread at the top which covers the current WvW’s matches. You’ll see that both of our servers are on the lowest of the low tier rankings. Since we’ve been on the bottom rung for so long, a lot of players have fled our servers for other servers that historically do much better in WvW.

Yes, the 1/week transfers have started (as of Thurs 11/1). In theory, the Guesting system should be implimented in the near future. However I don’t believe that it’s functional yet, which has created a lot of PvE complaints about the needs of the WvW crowd messing up their PvE experience.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

The problem isn’t WvW rankings. I’ve been on four of the top six American servers, and three of the top six European servers. The problem exists on all of them, because the majority of the player base is simply already at the cap.

When it’s possible to level 1-80 in under an hour, and has been for a little over two months now, it’s not that hard to understand why the population is so lopsided.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

Posted by: Incendia.6725

Incendia.6725

If you want a decent population in low level areas, join a high population server. I don’t know what you would consider low level, but on Desolation, in Harathi Hinterlands there at at least 10-20 people when the big centaur meta-event starts.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I consider everything under 60 low level.)

Anyways, when I am playing my alt, I feel like I’m doing Skyrim. I’m not ranting, but I don’t feel the MMO-thing “feel” when I am on those zones. On 80ish (Orr and Frostgorge), it can be fun.

Well, I guess either people are always using their main 80 toon, or most of them are levelling via crafting/wvwvw.

Tough luck for beginners and alt users like me. :p

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Come to tarnished coast if you want to see people in low level places. Hey, you might even be drawn into RP like I was

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks