Question about moving a guild

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Eve.4819

Eve.4819

I’ve made a guild. Im still the “owner” of this guild. If i would want to transfer to another world together with my guildies, would my guild automatically transfer too? Or will is stop excisting? or will we loose our bank and upgrades? How exactly does this work?

I’ve searched this forum but couldn’t find an answer what would happen to the guild if all the members move.

(To clarify, Im meaning a complete transfer, not the guesting stuff)

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

At this time your guild & guild bank stay on the server it was created on. If you transfer back to that server you can use it again.

Posted by: Kissy.8215

Kissy.8215

Your Guild does exist across all servers in either NA or EU.
Your bank and upgrades are specific to your current server.
If you transfer you will not lose them, they will still be on that server if you return.

Prepare for your descent into Madness….

Eve.4819

Thanks for your answers. That however doesnt make much sense (not implying your answer is incorrect though!) Because this would mean a guild leader could never move server without the loss of his guild in terms of upgrades, bank and boosts.

If we move it would mean we wouldnt be returning and thus have to make a new guild :S

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

You don’t take your upgrades or saved influence with you when you change servers. You have to grind it all out again.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Eve.4819

Thanks for moving my post mod.. not. I tried to get an asnwer from anet because in previous discussions about this, people keep contradicting eachother and nowhere did i see a official answer, guess i wont be getting one.

Thanks for the answers, atleast you 3 all agree I’ll go with the idea of having to remake my guild on the new server if i move. Urgh.. the grind..

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

You don’t have to remake it, since everyone will transfer and still be in the guild, but you won’t have any upgrades on the new server.

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.

Eve.4819

This is what’s confusing me. does this mean i should see my guilds roster and name etc completely different from my upgrades?

So i take the roster/name with me, but leave the upgrades and bank behind on the old server, so i start with a clean guild that still has my guildies and the name i gave it, but is empty otherwise?

If the above is correct, then i wonder if my guild on the new server will automatically start counting the influence we get on the new server (as the old influence stays behind), or if thats still bound to the old world because thats where we set it up, and wont be able to get any influence at all on the new server?

And does anyone know if that happens when the creator/leader switches world, or a % of the total amount of guildies? or a combination of both?

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

So if you move to another server you will still see and be able to talk to your guild mates on the old server like normal. Any influence they earn while still on the old server will count towards that total (on the old server) and any influence you earn on the new server will count towards the new total. If one of you goes to a third server you would start earning influence there too. The number of people on old/new server doesn’t matter.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Eve.4819

Ahh i think i understand how it works now! thanks for your patience and answering my questions <3