Question about the Wintersday Mystery Box

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ButterOfDeath.2873

ButterOfDeath.2873

Q:

Hello,i’ve spared a little money and i’d enjoy a Foostivoo The Marry so much…the question is(are):
1) What’s the chance to get a mini from a single mistery box?
2) What’s the chance to obtain the Foostivoo in a single mistery box?
3) if i buy 10 mistery box,what are the chances to either get
a) 3 wintersday minis
b) the Foostivoo

If someone can answer to these questions… it’s be great for me to have some numbers…
Or if someone wants to trade a crafted Foostivoo (if it’s possible to trade,however i think it’s not ) then add me ingame or on steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/iv2b/)

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wintersday_Mystery_Box/drop_rate
This is the best asnwer I could give.

Though there are not enough reports it gives a good indication. Droprates on the mini’S are very very low. For the Foostivoo the drop rate is even lesser.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Vorsakan.8259

Vorsakan.8259

I’m afraid that Anet never reveal the odds of prizes in their lottery items, but I can tell you that from my own experience (I’ve bought 3 bundles of 10 boxes) and what people have been saying on the forums:

> With a bundle of 10 boxes you stand a decent chance of getting 1 of the basic minis.
> The odds of getting Foostivoo are very very slim.

9 Times out of 10 boxes will only get you tonics or mortars (sadly those both have no special use or value) – as well as some ugly wool items – so they are not good value unless you are happy to pay 800 gems for a chance of a random uncommon mini.

However Mystery Boxes can drop off enemies & exploding-present-encounters around the world – it’s just extremely rare – so anything you do in PvE will give you an incredibly small chance of getting a miniature for free.

We don’t know what Toypocalypse (the final event of Wintersday – due tomorrow) will offer in the way of rewards, so possibly it will be a better source of boxes; I wouldn’t spend gems till we know more about that.

N.B. It’s not possible to trade any of the Wintersday minis.

(edited by Vorsakan.8259)

Posted by: Maylojager.1307

Maylojager.1307

Hey dude,
I’ve opened 62 mystery boxes in hope of the quaggan mini or ability to craft one, used all the gems I’ve had from the time I’ve been playing pve and from paid tourneys, apart from socks,mortars and tonics – I’ve got 1 miniature snowman and 2 festive hats, hope this helps you to take a decision.
I really cant be bothered doing pve again for the gold, because I just can’t stand the pve content and there is no way I’ll be able to get enough gems for more boxes via paid tourney, since the paid tourney time is very limited – from 20:00 till 1:20 (GMT+3) and one can’t always win.
Sadly the only festive things pvp players got this year are – decorated mists (looks horrible IMO, it’s all white that cuts the eye, random snowmans and presents that gets you stuck inside when loading on another character. I’m really looking forward to the end of the wintersday) and finishers. But atleast I’ve got a miniature snowman and some hats. Not sure if it was worth it dumping everything, but I’ve tried and learned a lesson.
I do wish you luck and hope you get the quaggan in the very first box you open.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Some people are calculating it will take $60-$100 worth of gems to get all the minis.