Question on edge of the mists

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Jikon.2851

Jikon.2851

Q:

I was told to do this to level up the fastest, I just hit 18 and gave it a try… is everything supposed to 1 shot me? I’m confused as to how this is the best way to level up. Am I doing something wrong?

Ty for any info on this

Posted by: Ceryia.8431

Ceryia.8431

A:

Hey Jikon,

Edge of the Mists is a sort of WvW training area packed with very difficult mobs that are hard to solo as a result for anyone not rocking true 80’s due to their gear.

The aim of it is first Press M on your map and you will see a triangle type icon moving around, this icon is known as the Commander and is a player who is leading a large group of players often referred to as a Zerg (A reference to a Starcraft race).

You want to join up with this Commander and follow the group around, making sure to obey the instructions he provides you. The aim of this is capturing resources to build siege equipment to take down walls and gates to then capture the fortress for your side.

Each time you do these actions you get Xp, Karma and Gear similar to doing an event in the world map, just faster due to the large group.

It’s good to do every now and then for a bit of fun and rewards, but I would not level to 80 like this on your first char… Though I don’t have any 80’s I believe it’s better to explore the world more and supplement the World Exploring and Completion with PvP and Dungeons to experience as much of the game as possible while leveling.

Rather than just rushing to cap through an instance on your first character.

Regards,
Seras Nightwhisper.

Server – Seafarer’s Rest
Main – Senstara [Ranger]
Guild – Legends of Absolute Glory [LAG]

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Leveling up is not something you need to rush in this game. If this is your first time, just explore PvE, do some crafting and participate in events all around you.

If you think the “real game” only starts at level 80, you will be disappointed. All game options and features gradually become available as you level from 0 to 80. There is comparatively little “this-is-not-for-you-if-you-are-not-max-level” content. (Although the upcoming expansion will be aimed at level 80 only!)

Instead, all lower level content can still be played and will remain challenging, because it is not possible to “outlevel” a lower level zone.

Getting to level 80 as fast as possible really serves no purpose on your first play-through of the game. Stop and smell the roses.