Question to might stacking

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Meridius.5197

Meridius.5197

Hi,

i am curious what happens in the following scenario:

If we stack might as a 5 party group with 3 guardians using empower i’d have like 25 stacks might for lets say 15 seconds ( we assume all guardians are 100% identically with equipment etc).

What happens if i get now 3 stacks of might for 20 seconds from a warrior’s shout?

i always thought that it means, that have now 25 stacks of might and after the 15seconds of empower exceed i have 3 stacks of might with 5 seconds duration left?!

What happens if i get 3 stacks for 8 seconds instead of those 3stacks / 20 second instead? Are those lower lasting stacks lost?

Hopefully someone can got into more detail about this mechanic here.

Posted by: Seal.5964

Seal.5964

My best guess:
Let me describe it to you algorithmically.

1. Imagine your might stacks as a queue, ordered by duration of stack.

• The maximum size of the queue is 25 stacks of might.

2. As seconds tick, the duration of each stack of might reduces.

• If a stack is at 0, it leaves the queue (is dequeued).

3. If you get a new stack, it gets added to the queue in its right place, so the queue is still ordered by duration.

• If the queue isn’t full:
    → The stack gets added in its right place, so the preceding stacks have less or equal duration, and the next ones have more or equal duration.
  • If the queue is full (25 stacks):
    → Is there a stack with less duration at the exit position of the queue?
    If there is, swap that out with the new duration and put it in its right place, so the queue remains sorted.
    → If there isn’t any stack with less duration, do nothing.

Keep in mind that that’s just an algorithm. It may be implemented differently in GW2, for reasons I haven’t thought of.

PS: CS people, forgive my erroneous use of the term “queue” (it’s for simplicity)

EU The Right Trolls ~JiVE~

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

I think its exactly as you described, unless the last stacks replace the first ones (i believe its like that for conditions), in which scenario for the first case (3stacks 20secs) it would still be as you said but for the second one (3stacks 8secs) it would make it worse since it would replace those 3 initial stacks of 15secs (but given we are talking about boons, which are benefits for your character, i don’t think it would work this way).