Questions about basic Ascended Infusion

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Walker.7204

Walker.7204

So, I’m starting to accumulate a good selection of ascended items for my characters (mainly due to my years of hoarding laurels and finally starting to do LS3 areas), but I’m a bit unsure of how to go about infusing them and what to put in.

While, currently I don’t really do any fractals, I would like to have my gear ready for it when I start, so I know I’ll need AR for this. First off, what items can be infused with AR, and how much do I need?

Do you get the AR off of the market (or craft since I have 500 art)?

For my other items, Do I just get them infused with similar stats to what I already have (most of my items are either zerker or viper) and where do I get this done?

I’ve also heard about getting an additional slot added to some of the items and i’m a bit confused about this.

Thanks for any help and or a point in the right direction.

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

First off, what items can be infused with AR, and how much do I need?

AR can be put into all ascended items except amulets (they have a utility slot that cannot take AR). How much you need depends on the level of the fractal. Anything under 20 doesn’t need any AR, and it starts increasing from there.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony

Do you get the AR off of the market (or craft since I have 500 art)?

+1 AR infusions drop in fractals as part of their rewards. These are combined into higher tiers via crafting or one of the golem vendors.

For my other items, Do I just get them infused with similar stats to what I already have (most of my items are either zerker or viper) and where do I get this done?

Are you asking if your existing equipment needs to be infused? If you’ve got ascended armor, weapons and accessories, they all already come with AR slots. If you’ve only got exotics, there is no way to add AR slots to those.

I’ve also heard about getting an additional slot added to some of the items and i’m a bit confused about this.

Rings can be infused and attuned for a total of 3 slots each. Backpieces can be infused for total of 2 slots. Everything else can’t.