Random HoM achievements...?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Lexital.1068

Lexital.1068

So yeah, a normal day of GW2 on my Thief, until I decide to create an Engi. I complete the intro, no problems, until I finish it. I’m about to set off to the first heart area until my character raises her arm into the air and I see the “Achievement unlocked” notification on my screen. Curious and confused as to wonder how I reached 2,500 AP so fast, I click on it to find I’ve completed the “God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals” achievement, and I have the title. Thinking something is weird I look this up and discover it’s for GW1 players only. That’s the thing though, I’ve NEVER touched GW1, I know nothing about it other than it’s the prequel to GW2. Soooo I was just wondering if you guys have any idea on what could cause this?

Posted by: lolmanyaa.3078

lolmanyaa.3078

Yeah, the same thing happened to a random guy i was playing with. Seems like its not only him.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’m guessing they are having some issues with the GW1 account linking?

If you have the HoM gem in your inventory, you might want to head over there and pick up all the skins before they fix it…..(maybe not?)

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’d be worried about deliberately taking advantage of this. I wasn’t planning on making an alt just now, and I certainly won’t ‘til this is fixed. I don’t want any account issues thanks to getting the title and the skins without doing the tasks in GW1 that are normally required.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m guessing they are having some issues with the GW1 account linking?

If you have the HoM gem in your inventory, you might want to head over there and pick up all the skins before they fix it…..(maybe not?)

From what I’ve read the HoM portal stone is not working. The client crashes when people try to use it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The God Walking Among Mere Mortals title isn’t actually linked to the Hall of Monuments. That’s the one you get for maxing 30 GW1 titles.

It carries over to GW2 because people were disappointed that if they started playing GW2 instead of GW1 all the time and efffort they had put into the first game would be ‘gone’ and only the few specific things that go into the HoM would count for anything. Carrying that title over as well is an effective way okittennowledging people who put a lot of effort into all areas of the game.

It’s unlikely anyone would have done it, but in theory it’s possible to have that title and 0 HoM points.

So you definitely shouldn’t have it if you’ve never played GW1, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll have any HoM rewards.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”