Ranged weapon damage penalty

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Does anyone know which weapons are subject to the damage penalty ranged weapons get?
How about what percent it is?
Do weapons get the penalty or just individual skills?

Anyone know, or have ideas on how to find out?

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

Ranger LB and SB. If you want a LB toon choose warrior

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The only ranged damage penalty I know of is that the ranger’s longbow auto-attack does less damage at close range.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

The only ranged damage penalty I know of is that the ranger’s longbow auto-attack does less damage at close range.

And it also does less damage than other professions period. It’s one of the weakest weapons in the game. Shortbow isn’t any better either. So glad A-Net gave the “ranged” profession such nice bow skills.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

And it also does less damage than other professions period. It’s one of the weakest weapons in the game. Shortbow isn’t any better either. So glad A-Net gave the “ranged” profession such nice bow skills.

Except ranger longbow at maximum range and a longbow centric build is one of the best signal target ranged dps builds possible.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

The mesmer GS autoattack does less damage the closer you are. It’s in the description of the skill.