Ranger or Engineer

Ranger or Engineer

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Michael.5179

Michael.5179

Hello, I’ve been trying to figure out which class would best suit me to get away from my melee class for now, I am almost all PvE and Dungeons..mainly dungeons. Looking for some pro’s and cons in a support/dungeon setting.

[Stormbluff Isle] (NA) : Itonya – Level 80 Warrior

Ranger or Engineer

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Pets are generally bad in dungeons because they pull enemies and they are too dumb to live, so ranger probably isn’t for you.
And unfortunately, despite nearly everything technically being ranged on engineer, you’re going to be in melee most of the time anyway, since grenades (their only real ranged capability) are inaccurate and hard to hit with at range, and because most enemies will charge into melee regardless of what you do.
For avoiding melee Ranger is the way to go because the pet will keep melee mobs at range, but as I said before, pets are terrible in dungeons.

Ranger or Engineer

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Rangers are considered the worst profession for dungeons, but I’ve done plenty of good runs with rangers so mileage can vary. Haters will be haters non-the-less. Everyone loves pet rez though.

Engineer is a mid-range profession and has the option to avoid minions by simply not taking turrets. Flamethrower is a very good dps weapon, and pistol #1 is extremely good for its aoe (which happens a lot in dungeons). Furthermore the elixir gun is one of the best support weapons in the game.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Ranger or Engineer

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

I play a ranger and i love it. The pets make a nice addition. In pve i run mostly zerker build and have no problem with that, i kill most fairly fast.
About dungeons… A build can change a lot. So it would depend a lot on ur playstyle, a trapbunker ranger would play dungeon differently than a regenranger or a zerker ranger.

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

Ranger or Engineer

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Ranger had a lot of fixes I heard. Like pets not pulling enemies anymore except you “tell your pet” to attack.
Also a pet is always welcome as it can heal others during fight.
Engineer can make a lot of support towers and stuff.

I’d definitive take a ranger over engineer but that’s personal opinion.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!