Ranger or Thief?

Ranger or Thief?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Lytro.9305

Lytro.9305

Hey everyone, I am trying to decide between a ranger/druid or thief/daredevil. I’m looking for a class that has a role in all gamemodes, hopefully more than one single build though. I’m also hoping it can be good solo as well as in group content. Something that is good in pve, pvp, and wvw. Also out of these two, which would be less braindead and need some strategy to how it’s played. I already play a mesmer and enjoy that, maybe that might help. I appreciate the help everyone. Thanks.

Ranger or Thief?

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

Well, since there is only one truly viable build for thief per gamemode, and 2-4 for ranger/druid on that part the choice is pretty clear. Both are good in all gamemodes and neither are braindead, especially in pvp thief has significantly higher skillcap than druid(yes only druid here since base ranger is kinda meh in pvp).

Also notable that in “endgame”(t4 fracs, raids) scenarios thiefs are not that wanted, this is especially true for raids. And druid is most of the time expected to be a support toon sporting full magi gear to pump out kittened amounts of healing(this is not my opinion nor do I conform to it)

So here we come to a crossroads: Do you want to be a support or not? If yes, ranger. If no, thief.

Ranger or Thief?

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

So here we come to a crossroads: Do you want to be a support or not? If yes, ranger. If no, thief.

That only really applies for raids. rangers, even druids, have other roles in all other gamemodes that are viable. I personally tried thief and found it’s single target focus to be a detriment overall, though they are great when you want to focus down one target at a time, all the time. Ranger is definitely on of my favorite classes.