Razor vs Logitech mice, I need some opinions

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

As the title says, I’m looking at a Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red or a Logitech G502.

After searching online I’ve come to the conclusion the general opinion is:
While the G502 is better built and more durable, the Naga Hex would be better to play an MMO because of the buttons placement.

I’ve also had a look at a wide variety of Mad Catz mice, and although all those buttons look quite useful, it’s another brand famous online for the un-reliability.

Before anyone asks, yes, I’m buying a mouse primarily for Guild Wars 2, not FPSs.

So from those (also the Mad Catz ones) what would be best to play GW2?
I feel like the G502 would be the best choice, I’m just not sure about the button placement on it.

Any opinions on this would be appreciated.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Go for Logitech. The G502 has fine button placement and it’s not worth compromising on quality by going Razer.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

Go for the Corsair Scimitar: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816047

Razer mice are inset, and can get dead skin easily caught between the buttons. Corsair has a reputation of its keyboards being outset, so they decided to make a mouse with buttons that are similar.

I have a Razer Naga 2012 currently, and lack of mechanical buttons is horrible. So I’ll be getting a Scimitar myself eventually. I’ve never been good with Mad Catz, especially back on PlayStation and PlayStation 2 when I used their controllers.

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

(edited by Iyeru.5240)

Posted by: ThePlague.5426

ThePlague.5426

I own two Razer mice and a Mad Catz Rat TE.

The Rat TE is brilliant. I’ve used it since getting my new rig and you can adjust the length of the mouse to suit the size of your hand. It’s extremely comfortable and reliable UNTIL the area around the laser collects little hairs and dust from your mouse mat over time. This can easily be sorted by carefully using tweezers to remove it but there’s been a few times when I’ve been mid-game and it’s decided to throw a hissy-fit on me.

Now I recently bought the Razer Naga MMO mouse and the Razer Naga MOBA mouse wraith red. I’ve only had the chance to use one of them…..ok well I’ve fallen in love with one of them :P It’s not a sexual relationship but a more ‘intimate’ relationship. I know how to turn her on, press all the right buttons…ok I’ll be serious for a sec :P

The Razer Naga MMO mouse so far having only used it for a few days (as I’ve only owned it a few days) is hands-down the best mouse that I’ve ever used. It’s extremely comfortable, more buttons than I need, they’re very easy to locate without looking at them, very smooth and accurate mouse and yea I’ve never played GW2 so well in my life. The best part is the mouse wheel can be pushed left and right activating ANOTHER two buttons. The left by default swaps out your weapon and the right activates auto-run.

I hope that helps

Posted by: King Noob IV.3560

King Noob IV.3560

logitech mice last longer

the best affordable mmo mouse is probably the g600

D/D Elementalist takes no skill but is good at everything in the game.
Mesmer is unfun to play against and does everything better than thieves.
Hoping those two get gutted with nerfs

Iyeru.5240

logitech mice last longer

the best affordable mmo mouse is probably the g600

I had two logitech mice quit on me in about 4 months each sadly. I wish I could believe you however. Also had a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 (Or was it 2011? I can’t remember, it was one of those two) stop properly sending Hs and Es, so I had to replace it with a Corsair K70. The outsetted design on the K70 really is amazing, and I can’t see myself ever getting anything (even mice) without buttons that are outset.

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

Have had My hex for over 2 years still works fantastic, though the wire is covered in some sort of mesh which tends to Frey out a bit after grinding against a sharp corner for over 2 years. but otherwise it was well worth my 60$.

Fermi.2409

I had two logitech mice quit on me in about 4 months each sadly. I wish I could believe you however

It’s always possible to get a dead product or two, but overall metrics show that a lot more people have Razer mice dying in 4-8 months then people have Logitech mice dying that quickly.

The outsetted design on the K70 really is amazing, and I can’t see myself ever getting anything (even mice) without buttons that are outset.

It’s too bad that Corsair’s keyboards use a nonstandard bottom row. It completely kills any will I’d have to recommend them. That doesn’t even count the fact that you can get higher quality brands at the same/similar price points…

And I’ve got no idea what you’re talking about with the “outset” mouse buttons. The G600 has the same exact thing as that Corsair mouse, as does a Naga.

Iyeru.5240

And I’ve got no idea what you’re talking about with the “outset” mouse buttons. The G600 has the same exact thing as that Corsair mouse, as does a Naga.

“Outset” means deeper grooves, or a groove that goes straight to the bottom of the device, rather than having small flaps or parts that cover up the groove. This allows for easier maintenance and cleaning most of the time.

Fermi.2409

So yeah, basically what the G600, Corsair mouse, and Naga have.

It really doesn’t make a difference for keyboard, though, since you need to pull the keycaps off to clean them anyways.

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

I have had my Razer Naga MMO mouse for 3 years (got it on release of GW2), not a single issue with it. Not sure how Logi lasts longer then Razer, have replaced my wife’s logi mouse 2 times in the same time and she does not game on hers.

Posted by: Andrea.2036

Andrea.2036

To be honest, there isn’t really a difference between the products.
With this I mean, of course they are different. They have different Brands, different strategies behind them, different prices, looks, et cetera, but the product itself is, basically, the same.
I’ve had a logitech mouse for 4-5 years, and razer mice since then for another 6-7 (2 nagas). The difference?
How the mouse feels, how it looks, the idea behind it, but the item is fundamentally the same. Some break in 1 year, other in 5, this depends on the single item itself. A logitech G600 might last me 5 years and the next one 6 months, and the same can happen for Razer, or Corsair (even though I never used Corsair).
Each item might have some defect that can present itself after a long time, and you won’t be able to know it before hand.

How can you choose?
Like this:
Price, size of the mouse (the naga for example is smaller than my previous logitech, but it’s down to personal taste, and even then you get used to it quickly), software behind it (I personally prefer Razer Synapse over the Logitech one, but I haven’t used it in more than 5 years, so things must have changed), looks (why not), and many other factors.
Also, MATTE or GLOSSY. Can’t stress this enough. I hate glossy mice because in my experience they get dirty really fast (sweat from the fingers, it leaves a mark). You can clean them, of course, but I just didn’t like the fact that they seem “oily”. I hate glossy things in general though.

Performance wise, not much changes, so don’t go too kitten this IMO.
But, again, this is just my opinion

(edited by Andrea.2036)

Posted by: Beazy.4512

Beazy.4512

I used razor for a long time. But the left click goes out on all three nagas I have purchased. Now I use the logitech MMO mouse. Be warned, once you get used to a MMO 12 button mouse, there is no going back. You have been warned.

Posted by: Wizkid.5982

Wizkid.5982

Been using a Razer Naga 2012 version for 3 years, and just recently upgraded to the Epic Chroma version. Hands down still my favorite mouse to date. A lot of people talk kitten about Razer, but honestly go to a Best Buy or something where you can hold the mice and get a feel for them yourself. How you hold the mouse (fingertip, palm, ect.) can have a drastic effect on what mouse feels good. The buttons on the side take some getting used to, but they’re amazing for macros and I don’t think you’d regret it; but be honest about what you’re using it for and make sure you get what you want, not based off other’s recommendations.

Fermi.2409

A lot of people talk kitten about Razer

People say bad things about Razer because they charge a premium for their products despite the quality of their products not warranting that price tag.

That being said, trying a mouse before you buy (if possible) is a great thing to do.

Iyeru.5240

So yeah, basically what the G600, Corsair mouse, and Naga have.

It really doesn’t make a difference for keyboard, though, since you need to pull the keycaps off to clean them anyways.

The Scimitar has deeper grooves (much, much, much deeper, nearly double or more) than the razer naga. I know, I own a Razer Naga 2012, and have seen the new mechanical ones. The K70’s keyboard has no “Edge” I guess you could call it, instead of outset, all the keys can be pulled via finger instead if need be. (By working from the outside in.) This is nearly impossible on keyboards that lay the keys inset into the keyboard.

Fermi.2409

The K70’s keyboard has no “Edge” I guess you could call it, instead of outset, all the keys can be pulled via finger instead if need be. (By working from the outside in.) This is nearly impossible on keyboards that lay the keys inset into the keyboard.

You really want to use a keycap puller of that for the health of the switches. Snapping a stem is not fun.

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Go for what feels right, try them out first. Don’t just go by what people say online.

Posted by: realmouse.1095

realmouse.1095

if you want to know about reliability, avoid both Logitech and razer..they both have issues and poor customer service. and what gavyne said is good advice try em out before you buy…most good stores will open a box for you to let you feel a mouse before you buy. some of the newer mad catz mice are ok, but not for heavy use. Roccat makes some really nice ones as does cooler master (cm storm) I collect computer mice as a hobby if that means anything..im up to about 35 devices atm.

Fermi.2409

avoid both Logitech and razer..they both have issues and poor customer service.

What’s wrong with Logitech’s customer service? I’ve heard, without exaggeration, nothing but good things about it.

Iyeru.5240

What’s wrong with Logitech’s customer service? I’ve heard, without exaggeration, nothing but good things about it.

Have you ever tried Wireless headsets from Logitech? They aren’t good for audio quality, because they use Radio Frequency for the Wireless technology, rather than Bluetooth or something better. This locks it to at maximum, DVD or CD Quality.

I’ll admit though, Unifying connectors was probably one of Logitech’s best ideas before bluetooth became more popular. Most support requests for Wireless headsets will just have them either tell you to RMA / return it to the retailer, or check drivers. Since they cannot do anything themselves if RF is at fault.

Posted by: ZenJii.7490

ZenJii.7490

I own a razer naga 2014 and I have to say it’s a really great mouse. Despite what people say, I’ve never had any Problem whatsoever with any of my razer mice (my naga 2012 is actually still working perfectly fine).

The feel of the keys on the naga 2014 is really great, even tho you might sometimes press one by accident (I wished a bit more resistence for the pressing). It’s pretty light and shape is Overall good. I personally preferred the size of the old naga.

I recently got myself the Roccat Nyth which basically has everything the naga has, except that the keys can be switched and you can also adjust the size to some extend (not as much as a R.A.T). I must say, the Nyth is really great, it does everything the naga does, but offers more customization.

On a last note, I owned 2 Mad Catz R.A.T MMO 7 mice. Even if they were really awesome, they both broke (keys getting wobbly and falling off). I don’t know if I was just unlucky but I won’t recommend them. Maybe the TE version is better.

As it was mentioned before, you best go get a feel for the mice first hand.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’ve tried several different kinds of gaming mice, and I must strongly urge you to stay as far away from Razer mice as possible. They had been really good over a decade ago. However, they seem to have gone the route of jacking their prices really high and lowering the quality of the their construction to bare minimum. The internal components are actually designed to wear down unnaturally fast. In games that are click-heavy, such as GW2 and other MMORPGs, this designed failure point is reached much sooner than with other types of games.

After checking out and testing many different gaming mice, I decided to go with the:

• Red Dragon Perdition

I do not see me using another mouse for a very, very long time to come. I do not even need to worry about picking up a back up in case it fails (like I had to with Razer mice) as it is a very high quality and durable mouse that is designed to last, not to wear out within a certain time frame (again, like Razer mice).

It also does not require any software to be running for all of the lighting and keys on the mouse to function, like Razer with its Synapse software which could consume over 100MB of memory. Your settings, sensitivity profiles and everything else is stored inside of the mouse. Even if you do want its software configuration utility running to make quick adjustments to sensitivity profiles or tweak the pulsating light speeds or colors, it will only take up about 700KB of memory.

I highly recommend it.

Cost: $36-39 USD and both have free shipping.

Also, this “UtechSmart Venus 50” mouse looks almost identical (but offers more colors) and costs about the same amount. I cannot comment on the durability of this mouse due to my not owning it, but reviews around the net seem good.

Cost: $39-41 USD and both have free shipping.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Gryffenne.8639

Gryffenne.8639

I’ve tried several different kinds of gaming mice, and I must strongly urge you to stay as far away from Razer mice as possible. They had been really good over a decade ago. However, they seem to have gone the route of jacking their prices really high and lowering the quality of the their construction to bare minimum. The internal components are actually designed to wear down unnaturally fast. In games that are click-heavy, such as GW2 and other MMORPGs, this designed failure point is reached must sooner than with other types of games.

After checking out and testing many different gaming mice, I decided to go with the:

• Red Dragon Perdition

I do not see me using another mouse for a very, very long time to come. I do not even need to worry about picking up a back up in case it fails (like I had to with Razer mice) as it is a very high quality and durable mouse that is designed to last, not to wear out within a certain time frame (again, like Razer mice).

It also does not require any software to be running for all of the lighting and keys on the mouse to function, like Razer with its Synapse software which could consume over 100MB of memory. Your settings, sensitivity profiles and everything else is stored inside of the mouse. Even if you do want its software configuration utility running to make quick adjustments to sensitivity profiles or tweak the pulsating light speeds or colors, it will only take up about 700KB of memory.

I highly recommend it.

Cost: $36-39 USD and both have free shipping.

Also, this “UtechSmart Venus 50” mouse looks almost identical (but offers more colors) and costs about the same amount. I cannot comment on the durability of this mouse due to my not owning it, but reviews around the net seem good.

Cost: $39-41 USD and both have free shipping.

I’ve been a Razor Naga user for many years, the last one I bought -the Naga Epic- was purchased over 3 years ago. It has so far held up against WoW wear & tear until this past spring when I quit WoW and it has been handling GW2. It’s no longer “Epic” -can’t become wireless anymore- but that isn’t the fault of the product. That blame falls on me for leaving it within reach of a greyhound “puppy” (she was 2) and her gnawing on it. It’s failing at a faster rate now than I would like, but again, it is due to damage it took last year.

I wasn’t really wanting to purchase a Naga Epic Chewtoy again, even tho I do love how it fits my hand. How is the size of the Red Dragon in comparison to the Naga? I’m female, btw. My fingers are as long as my husband’s, but my hand is not as wide as his.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

[…]

I’ve been a Razor Naga user for many years, the last one I bought -the Naga Epic- was purchased over 3 years ago. It has so far held up against WoW wear & tear until this past spring when I quit WoW and it has been handling GW2. It’s no longer “Epic” -can’t become wireless anymore- but that isn’t the fault of the product. That blame falls on me for leaving it within reach of a greyhound “puppy” (she was 2) and her gnawing on it. It’s failing at a faster rate now than I would like, but again, it is due to damage it took last year.

I wasn’t really wanting to purchase a Naga Epic Chewtoy again, even tho I do love how it fits my hand. How is the size of the Red Dragon in comparison to the Naga? I’m female, btw. My fingers are as long as my husband’s, but my hand is not as wide as his.

It is slightly wider and perhaps slightly longer. The casing seems to have a bit more bulk to it than the Naga. I love the feel of the Naga’s sleek shape and frame, but I got used to the Perdition’s slightly more bulky feel quickly. I am male, though, but I have very feminine ‘pianist/violinist’ hands.

I’ll take a pic of them side-by-side shortly and edit my post to include it.

EDIT:
Pics included. Sorry, they are pretty low-quality pics as I used an old phone.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Rainmaker.7594

Rainmaker.7594

Have you ever tried Wireless headsets from Logitech? They aren’t good for audio quality, because they use Radio Frequency for the Wireless technology, rather than Bluetooth or something better. This locks it to at maximum, DVD or CD Quality.

I’ll admit though, Unifying connectors was probably one of Logitech’s best ideas before bluetooth became more popular. Most support requests for Wireless headsets will just have them either tell you to RMA / return it to the retailer, or check drivers. Since they cannot do anything themselves if RF is at fault.

I hate it when people say “CD quality” for crap quality audio. CD is perfect quality audio for stereo sound. So, to say something has CD quality sound means that it has perfect sound quality (for anything stereo, such as headsets). Companies do this with MP3s also, calling it “CD quality” at as low as 128kbps. That is no where near CD quality; Even at 320kbps, I still will not call it CD quality, because it is still compressed with a lossy CODEC.

I still buy CDs (and save them to FLAC format) because I care about my audio quality. I do not purchase MP3s because they are a rip off – they cost more per track, for lower quality audio, and come with no physical media (books which include art in the very least, and often official lyrics). MP3s should not cost more than $0.50.

Sorry about the rant. I just hate seeing comments saying CD quality to describe low quality audio.

Anyway, I’d go with Logitech. I’ve never had a problem with their mice. That being said, I haven’t had a Razer mouse; I have had a Razer keyboard though, and it worked well, but the plastic felt cheap and would creak if you pressed on the edges. I have had problems with Corsair and some other brands though.

edit: I have a Logitech G502, and it is an excellent mouse. Optical mice always feel better than laser mice to me.

(edited by Rainmaker.7594)

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Go for the Corsair Scimitar: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816047

Razer mice are inset, and can get dead skin easily caught between the buttons. Corsair has a reputation of its keyboards being outset, so they decided to make a mouse with buttons that are similar.

I have a Razer Naga 2012 currently, and lack of mechanical buttons is horrible. So I’ll be getting a Scimitar myself eventually. I’ve never been good with Mad Catz, especially back on PlayStation and PlayStation 2 when I used their controllers.

I bought the scimitar and went back to my wireless 2014 naga .

It just wasn’t what I thought it’d be. The number pad was too close to the bottom of the mouse, and I kept dragging my thumb against my mouse pad. The buttons require a lot of pressure to go off as well…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Iyeru.5240

I bought the scimitar and went back to my wireless 2014 naga .

It just wasn’t what I thought it’d be. The number pad was too close to the bottom of the mouse, and I kept dragging my thumb against my mouse pad. The buttons require a lot of pressure to go off as well…

My 2012 Naga has my thumb on the mousepad too, but I have big hands :V I prefer mechanical buttons, and the 2012 naga doesn’t have those.

Fermi.2409

I actually like having my thumb on my mousepad. It’s actually why I haven’t picked up a G502 even though I like it otherwise

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

As the title says, I’m looking at a Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red or a Logitech G502.

While the G502 is better built and more durable, the Naga Hex would be better to play an MMO because of the buttons placement.

I’ve also had a look at a wide variety of Mad Catz mice, and although all those buttons look quite useful, it’s another brand famous online for the un-reliability.

Before anyone asks, yes, I’m buying a mouse primarily for Guild Wars 2, not FPSs.

I feel like the G502 would be the best choice, I’m just not sure about the button placement on it.

I found that you don’t need nearly as many buttons in GW2 as you do in many other MMOs. Because of this, when I replaced my Razor Naga, I ended up with the Mad Katz R.A.T. 7.

I know the Mad Katz brand has come out with some really bad products in the past, but I found the RAT7 to be a really solid mouse. It doesn’t have as many buttons as many other MMO mice out there, but it has a really solid construction and is really customize-able to your hand. My only complaint is that when you program keybinds to buttons, you have to reload the profile for these keybinds after you reboot your computer, but that’s really a pretty minor issue.

Overall, I’ve loved my RAT7 and for a game like GW2, I think it’s actually better than most Razor and Logitech products.

Posted by: Gryffenne.8639

Gryffenne.8639

[…]

It is slightly wider and perhaps slightly longer. The casing seems to have a bit more bulk to it than the Naga. I love the feel of the Naga’s sleek shape and frame, but I got used to the Perdition’s slightly more bulky feel quickly. I am male, though, but I have very feminine ‘pianist/violinist’ hands.

I’ll take a pic of them side-by-side shortly and edit my post to include it.

EDIT:
Pics included. Sorry, they are pretty low-quality pics as I used an old phone.

Awesome! Thank you so much for the pics. Really helps. I think I am going to be purchasing one in the near future now that I can see that it isn’t much different from the Naga, and where it is different, isn’t that extreme.

Posted by: black sun empress.7401

black sun empress.7401

i currently have a logitech g600, a 2014 naga, and a proteus g502… the way i play i prefer the 12buttons on the naga and g600.. although the proteus g502 feels best in ur hand.

f12345 are the mousewheel left right click and 2 buttons behind wheel.. 1key on side is teamspeak, rest is set to 234567890

i will say, the naga has the best feeling buttons on the side compared to the g600. BUT…. if the razer synapse takes a crap or glitches out, makes the mouse worthless. razer uses a cloud based driver setup, there was an update a bit ago, and all of a sudden the pointer went bananas, hopping clicking randomly 100% of the time. i thought the mouse died. so i bought the g600. very similair feel in hand, but ur ring finger was a little higher and an extra button on the g600.. soo took a bit to get used to, and disabled the g600’s ring finger button.

i love the way the g502 feels, but not enough buttons,the mouse wheel, is heavy and clunky. its either freespin, or mechanical, and it just doesnt feel right. and the 2 buttons that are to the left of you where ur pointer finger is, its almost like a rocker switch, is very inconvienent while playing, (at least in pvp where twitch movements apply)

black sun empress.7401

forgot to add, so if u get a razer mouse, and it works fine, check forums, and dont update razer synapse software unless u know its stable and works. currently using my razer naga again… all is fine. keeping g600/g502 as backup.

Posted by: Arkitan.6172

Arkitan.6172

Honestly I’d forgoe a gaming mouse, and instead get a Logitech G13. Though I have that and Logitech mouse, I find that I don’t really use the gaming buttons on it as much as I thought I would because everything is bound to my G13.

Posted by: Riku.4821

Riku.4821

You buy a name when you get a razor product.
Logitech imo aren’t a high end company.

Get a corsair mouse. I’ve had the m95 for years now and hasn’t let me down once. Hits great in the hand and the buttons are perfect.

Guild Leader of Lunar Tree[LT].
Officer of Power Overwhelming[ZERK].
First term Forum PvE Specialist.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Go for what feels right, try them out first. Don’t just go by what people say online.

This. I love my mouse after 3 brands I can play all day and I have no fatigue or cramps in my hand. I been using a Logitech G600 since they came out.

Posted by: Rainmaker.7594

Rainmaker.7594

I actually had the opposite experience with the m95. The metal base plate is very nice, but doesn’t make up for the shortcomings of the mouse. To me the side buttons felt loose, yet required a firm enough press to likely move the mouse when you use the side buttons. Putting weight from your palm on the right side of the mouse would cause it to tilt, which I found very annoying (haven’t had that problem with Logitech gaming mice). But, the biggest issue I had with Corsair was that they don’t update their software. Several requests have been made since the mouse was released. One important one for me is a rapid click macro. Their software will not let you set clicks as part of the macro. It should be a simple feature to add (both Logitech and Razer support it), but Corsair keeps their 2+ year old software instead. So, sorry, but I can’t recommend Corsair when they won’t keep their software up to date on a flagship mouse.
edit: it was last year that I tried their mouse. I just checked their software, and still the same version (from 9/9/13)

Posted by: Moinomutante.1938

Moinomutante.1938

I bought my naga in 2014, last October I send it RMA, when I try to land some ground target skills, the cursor was like lost in some corner of the screen some how, after a month, store give a new one, after 3 months, mouse is the same than the other I send it to RMA, I love the mouse and shape, but, with these issues, I’ll never buy a Razer again. Then i was thinking to buy e the scimitar, but read so many issues about it, I quit, need another mmo alternative…

Posted by: Dravyn.4671

Dravyn.4671

I’ve gone through three Nagas and two G600’s in the last five or six years, buttons always end up going out on them.

Posted by: Moinomutante.1938

Moinomutante.1938

Maybe its time to try madkatz… Logitech, Razer and corsair no.

black sun empress.7401

gg thread necro, are u hitting ur mice with hammers and penguins?, if ur having issues with ur naga try to roll back software update, or get new update. thought mine took a crap, turned out to be a software bug with the razer synapse. been using it fine for months now… maybe u got a bad mouse. my post 9 posts above i have all 3 mice listed in this thread, my g600 and g502 are in my garage as backup. both GREAT mice, 502 not enuff buttons tho, and the rocker on the pointer finger is annoying. but. the feel of the 12 button naga is the best, (although i dislike the cloud based driver sync etc) which glitched and forced me to try other mice, g600/g502. then all a sudden new update back in business with the naga… i just dont bother with updating now unless i hear its stable.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I use a basic Logitech with an extra 4 buttons (only actually use 2 of those) with most of my functions mapped to a Nostromo n52 that I’ve had for years – early in GW1, so that’s 10+ years. There are similar products now (did Logitech buy them out?) and I’d find a replacement if the thing ever breaks.

I use it for every game – Civilization, Wizardry, whatever.

Love it!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I haven’t had any luck with razor products. I know other people swear by them, but I kill them pretty quick.

As such, I stick to logitech. That seems to survive the beating I put them through. I use the g502 (weight-able, surface tune-able mouse). My husband uses the g600 (with its multitude of thumb buttons). I also liked the g700 (for size and number of programmable buttons) however, there is a flaw in the 700’s firmware, which can be screwy (so sad, such a nice mouse).

My other peripherals are also logitech. Been loyal to that brand for years.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.