Reforged Shadowstone, Crystallized Magic

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Once I’ve completed the ‘Burden of Choice’ current event, is there any reason to keep either of these?

Reforged Shadowstone
Crystallized Magic

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

The Reforged Shadowstone might be necessary to transform yourself into a hostile anomaly via ley rifts. I haven’t tested if my characters who aren’t carrying it can still do so or not, as they’d need to go get their own Stabilizers.

You can sell the Crystallized Magic for one gold to the indicated NPC. It has no other purpose.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

The Reforged Shadowstone might be necessary to transform yourself into a hostile anomaly via ley rifts. I haven’t tested if my characters who aren’t carrying it can still do so or not, as they’d need to go get their own Stabilizers.

You can sell the Crystallized Magic for one gold to the indicated NPC. It has no other purpose.

Thank you.

Not sure I’ve ever done the first thing you talked about, how do you do that?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

1. Stabilize a rift with the Rift Stabilizer.
2. Select a combination on the Stabilizer that doesn’t have a set destination.
3. Jump into the rift repeatedly until the transformation happens. This can take a while.

Posted by: cyn.2157

cyn.2157

I went to the pond today and spent 15 minutes wandering around it and mapchatting – saw no rifts or rift events, so I have no way to get the initial stabilizer. Do we know if that content has been disabled at this point? (I didn’t realize how long it had been around, if it -is- disabled, I missed it with the chaos of the US election)

-Fade Nightshade (thief all the way, baby)

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I went to the pond today and spent 15 minutes wandering around it and mapchatting – saw no rifts or rift events, so I have no way to get the initial stabilizer. Do we know if that content has been disabled at this point? (I didn’t realize how long it had been around, if it -is- disabled, I missed it with the chaos of the US election)

It isn’t disabled because I got another avie one of the rift stabilizers last week. Nothing was spawning and no one was around so I brought in the avie that had the stabilizer and activated the rift and logged out, brought the other one in and jumped through so I could get the first stabilizer.

You might want to ask in map chat if someone with a stabilizer can stop by and activate a rift there so you can jump through and get started. There are three spots in the immediate area that can be activated. The only time I saw a delay in rifts spawning was when several folk had spawned rifts one after another but it did not take too long to be able to activate another in those three spots.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

If you see me online in-game, I’m happy to be asked, and to come help if needed. I found the rifts were a little further away than I expected from the site, and also, I needed to have the LS3 story progressed “sufficiently” to be able to trigger it.

I /think/ it is probably only Bloodstone Fen, but it could be further episodes: I spent a while, then shrugged, went and did the story without the stabilizer, and came back to find it easy to obtain.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You don’t need to jump into a Rift near the pond. Any Rift in any map will do. I open Rifts all the time in any map I’m doing a Daily or mapping in. A Stabilizer is great for the Daily Map Events.

So, just keep an eye out, wherever you are…even in Cities.

Good luck.