Removed the ability to draw on the mini-map!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Zyrphen.8970

Zyrphen.8970

I don’t understand this, but in the recent June 14th patch, the ability to draw lines on the mini-map has been completely removed.

I’ve decided to put this in the “Players Helping Players” section because when we were running story mode of AC there was a newbie player and he didn’t really understand where to go. We tried to help him find his way by drawing on the mini-map a route to make it easier for him to find his way. Of course, this wasn’t helped by the fact that they have removed drawing on the map.

The ability to draw on the mini-map has always served as a good tool to help other players find their way to: Vistas, events, dungeons, jumping puzzles ect. I can’t for the life of me figure out why Arenanet has decided to remove this useful tool, but all in all it needs to be a feature again to help other players.

This feature has been in the game since the GW2 betas back in 2012 or so. Why remove it now? Is it something to do with raids? Maybe bug which has disabled it for some reason? Perhaps a griefing reason (just kick them out your party btw) ?

P.S: I miss drawing smiley faces on the mini-map too!

TL;DR: Used to be a feature. June 14 removed this feature. Give it back.

Posted by: tehape.8407

tehape.8407

I dont understand it either, why this was removed. Anet should have at least communicated why they have removed it.
It was quite useful for PvP as well, to indicate where to move and how many enemies are approaching.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

it isn’t on left-click anymore. it has moved to shift+right-click.

clicking randomly for science

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

That makes it significantly more annoying to use in time sensitive conditions, aka pvp rotations.

Zyrphen.8970

Thanks for the clarification. I’m glad they didn’t remove it. Although some communication on this change in the patch notes would’ve been nice!

Zyrphen.8970

Thanks for the clarification. I’m glad they didn’t remove it. Although some communication on this change in the patch notes would’ve been nice!

Posted by: Robban.1256

Robban.1256

Thanks for the answer

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

Glad I found this, just came back from a game ‘vacation’ myself and was like WTF! LOL!

I can agree with the ‘time sensitive’ part of the application, maybe they could switch the current left and right mouse button to make left draw again, and the right pop up the lil menu with the X and the Check and the exclamation triangle etc… ?

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I hate shift+ things, shift is my dodge key.. I already dodge unnecessarily when I link stuff

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

That makes it significantly more annoying to use in time sensitive conditions, aka pvp rotations.

I know it is just a workaround but is there a button on your mouse you can program to do it?