Removing Inactive Guild Members - I can help

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

I wrote a script that scrapes the leaderboards page for a guild and sorts members by how many days it has been since the last time they earned an achievement point. I’ve been doing this for some time, but today I did it for another guild on my server and it reminded me how much of a pain removing inactives manually was.

I’m willing to do this free of charge for any guild that needs it because I know how messy doing it manually is. Here is a sample of the output I would send you:

Dazen.4867 absent for 44 days
Mistah Yebba.1428 absent for 43 days
Ladenie.6742 absent for 43 days
Katlow.2410 absent for 42 days
Billyjs.1473 absent for 42 days
kakoritz.2746 absent for 41 days
TheLulzyArtist.5369 absent for 41 days…

The leaderboard for a guild is only accessible if you are a member of the guild, so there are two different ways I can help you. Either, you can save the “Achievements – Guild Wars 2 Leaderboards.htm” page and send that to me, or invite me to your guild and I will get the page myself. Of course, tips are appreciated but I know some players don’t have much and need this too.

Send me a message or contact me in game if you’d like me to help you.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I’m not a big fan off using the leaderboards AP system for finding inactive members. The reason is that it is inconclusive. Yesterday a good friend of mine who is extremely busy can online for the first time in 6 weeks time cause she scraped together 30 minutes free time. (Like I said she extremely busy). In those 30 minutes all she could do is fill in two hearts and unlock a waypoint. After that the time was gone and she had to go again

I prefer an approach with special ranks for suspected afk-ers, and promotion when you see them online. This is much more personal then looking to statistics that are not 100% accurate for the goal.

So I find it important to give people the change to see other solutions then yours. That doesn’t mean yours is a bad one. It shows how desparate guilds are for proper ingame tools and how ashamed Anet should be for treating guilds the way they do right now.

As somei feedback bout the data your collecting, I would rephrase the output lines to show accuratly what the data means. Guilds that use this method need to known and understand this data is not conclusive or 100% accurate.
Something like this:

Kuzzi.2198 no new AP for 44 days

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!