Removing runes from WvW badge gear?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Lycas.8540

Lycas.8540

Q:

As title, I was wondering if there was anyway to remove the runes from WvW badge gear.

I’ve got some pretty expensive runes stuck in the gear and I want to remove them, but salvage kits don’t work.

Member of [TUP] The Unlikely Plan on Gandara [EU]

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

A:

You can’t remove them only overwrite. Salvage kits work for most armor but destroy them giving back the rune on a certain percentage of chance.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Posted by: Turkashi.4502

Turkashi.4502

though the black lion salvage kit gives you 100% of the runes.
You can get this kit buy gems store of black lion chest

Lycas.8540

would transmuting the WvW gear to a different skin allow them to become salvageable?

Posted by: Sutcliffe.5491

Sutcliffe.5491

Why not directly transmutate the runes to the stats you want instead of salvaging it and placing it in another armour?

And I think it will work since it can be done on karma armour…transmutating onto another armour and salvaging it. But I doubt that is worth in terms of gold since lvl 80 transmutAtion rock are so expensive now unless u got spare ones lying around

Lycas.8540

I wanted to sell the runes (divinity ones), to help towards my legendary. I’m downsizing the amount of armor sets i have.

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

Too bad … I overwrote Karma Set Runes worth 4-6g each with cheap 30s runes the other day xD And yeah I got enough spare transmutation thingies lying around.

Ah well ..things happen.