Repair costs WvW

Repair costs WvW

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Bogartan.2756

Bogartan.2756

I’ve been staying away from WvW until I get more expendable cash. I find WvW too expensive at level 40ish.

Does anybody else feel this way? Does it get better at higher levels?

Sorrow’s Furnace
{SN} Sentimental Nightmares
Darsveth, Warrior – Dexter Oliver, Thief

Repair costs WvW

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

You will spend about 2 S on repair everytime you die in WvW. You will survive more easily at level 80 since the upleveling of low level chars is not anywhere the same as real lvl 80 stats, skills and equipment.

In fact on the crowded servers, there are players that have suggested not allowing sublevel 80s in. The pre-launch hype about how any level can experience WvW is misleading.

You do make more at level 80 but everything also costs more, equipment, travel etc.

edit: to clarify you make more in PvE at 80 but as the most recent poster said you always lose money in WvW.

(edited by NinjaKnight.1340)

Repair costs WvW

Posted by: Ten.8421

Ten.8421

It doesn’t really get better. Your best bet is either not die by playing very carefully and sticking close to other players, or killing everything that moves (including and especially PvE mobs) with great prejudice to get loot you can sell to make up for your repair costs.

Gamut Gaming Group [GGG], an inclusive non-oppression, non-prejudice, non-normativity group.

Repair costs WvW

Posted by: Acme Tux Serum Six.8520

Acme Tux Serum Six.8520

Nope, you will always lose money in WvW unless you do nothing but zerg or are in one of the five unkillable guilds.