Retrospective runaround JP in Silverwastes.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

I got about 3/4 of the way thru this puzzle and then fell, so only option was to port back to the start where there is a Skritt called Kit who will for a fee port you to the last Milestone that you reached.
But he wont talk to me , other than saying mindless skritt things like what,what,what.
Anyone know what has to be done to give him money?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This page may be helpful: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Drydock_Scratch#Tips

Good luck.

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

I will recommend a YouTube to get you all the way through. She does excellent videos on puzzles such as this one. Here’s the Video for the long JP. Just follow along and pause it bit by bit. I’ve gotten through a lot of puzzles with her videos.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

I will recommend a YouTube to get you all the way through. She does excellent videos on puzzles such as this one. Here’s the Video for the long JP. Just follow along and pause it bit by bit. I’ve gotten through a lot of puzzles with her videos.

I second this. AyinMaiden does a fantastic job on creating those videos. Gets to the point, doesn’t chit chat about random stuff, no bad music that you have to tune down, doesn’t stop to pick flowers or fights, so you don’t have to fast forward. There’s a video in the front page list on my Youtube where someone needs 29 minutes to walk through that JP, Ayin does it in 18. Just pause when you need to, the puzzle took me about an hour or so.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You should be able to pay the skritt kit as long as you have the checkpoint buff on you. There are also several of them around including around the starting area under the ship. You could try talking to different ones. Maybe that particular one is broken.

Posted by: altermaven.7385

altermaven.7385

I highly suggest the video recommended above so you’ll understand what to do/where to go. Also, have a means to generate swiftness for the moments the elixir wears off. Some difficult jumps can be made trivial by this.

“To be rid of chaos, all must restore the balance.”
Part of the [PORT] mystical tour – “Marilee Mangletooth.” What main?
Something something Autechre fanatic.

mauried.5608

Thanks all.
Ive been right thru to the end , but its very slow for me as I have mildly crippled hands, so jumping is a slow process.
Even though I got to the end, because I missed some waypoints, and I dont know which ones, I coudnt open the chest that has the dousing rod in it , so had to go back to the start and try again.
2nd time I got about 3/4 of the way and fell to my death so only option was to go back to the start and try again, and this is when I learnt about the Skritt who will port you for a fee, but wont talk to me.
It takes me about 4 hours to get thru this puzzle, and Im really hoping I can avoid some of it.
Ive put in a support ticket, so hope the Devs have a fix.

Posted by: Sigfodr.9576

Sigfodr.9576

The best way might be to hit up a guildy to run with (preff a mesmer). Then in case you fall, he/she can port you

Posted by: scorekeeper.6524

scorekeeper.6524

I love that JP. PM me in game and I can walk you through it if you want.

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

In a similiar tactic to Egrimm, I used Dulfy’s youtube guide and paused it every so often until i got through it.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Yeah, I love her guides and usually use hers over dulfys.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

mauried.5608

Thanks for all the help .
I finally got thru this puzzle.
More like an exercise in mega trial and error.
I finally worked out how to get the Skritt NPC to port me back to the last place in the puzzle, and if Anet would simply tell you up front that this NPC existed and where to find him, it would have made the entire exercise much less frustrating.