Returning Player - Profession Choice

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

I played a little bit after HoTs dropped and then stopped playing to play other games. I’m wanting to return but trying to figure out what my best choice would be.

I’m contemplating Necromancer.

I’d like a durable caster that I can solo PvE content with but will also be welcome for group content. I’m not big on PvP but I might dip my toes in the water every so often for map completions and the like.

I’ve read Necromancer is a good choice for this. Would that be the best fit for what I’m trying to do or is there another Profession that would work better?

Posted by: UlvenSkyblade.9830

UlvenSkyblade.9830

Necro is the best for this because it can be made very durable with life steal and the double health bar. It is by far the most durable from the casters. While also being versitile. A heads up tough a durable build is different from the builds used in endgame content.

Posted by: Valandor.9506

Valandor.9506

Well, Necromancer is pretty strong in WvW, PvP and open world stuff. For dungeons as well as raids he is not even close to being the most wanted profession there. In random/pug fractals he is good till a certain level, but all in all Necromancer is not really a group supporter compared to other professions.

GW2 has kinda just two real casters in PvE: Necromancer and Elementalist. The latter has more DPS and because of AoE heals and special spells like “Rebound” better party support, but he also is more glassy.

In GW2 there is not really a caster with good DPS, support and survivability at the same time (would be a balance breaker), so you kinda have to choose.

Staying alive via dodging and alike can be trained, but your damage und utility has a maxium. That is why I prefer to play Elementalist.

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

I ended up going with Necromancer. I don’t have time for raiding so random fractals and dungeons are probably the closest I’ll get to “difficult” content.