Returning Player (Vanilla question)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: BigMoser.8790

BigMoser.8790

I hopped on to check my /age and happened to run into my old guild leader, and we started talking on teamspeak and I’m starting to get the feeling of coming back.

Am I left behind, or is there still plenty to do in vanilla to keep me busy until I get the money?

Plus, I need to do some reading on the new changes to the trait system and all that.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Depends how much did you do before you left?

There wont be much added other then holliday stuff going forward.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

If you pretty much “did it all” before you left, the only new thing, content-wise, in vanilla is Fractals level 100. Some masteries are unlocked for everyone, like precursor crafting and the Pact Commander, and depending on when you stopped playing, there are two new maps, Silverwastes and Dry Top. Also, Living Story part 2, which leads up to the Heart of Thorns story.

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

Some masteries are unlocked for everyone, like precursor crafting and the Pact Commander

actually, masteries are not available in vanilla. they are all locked behind HoT.

however, there is the new wvw map that is available for everyone

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Red Queen.7915

My second account doesn’t have HoT, I got a message, mastery points and whatnot.

Maybe I need to check, but I could’ve sworn core masteries are available to everyone…

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

The loot is real in the Silverwastes.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

My second account doesn’t have HoT, I got a message, mastery points and whatnot.

Maybe I need to check, but I could’ve sworn core masteries are available to everyone…

Yes you have mastery points but you have to do story inside heart of thorns to unlock to spend them.

Red Queen.7915

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I haven’t really played my baby account since HoT launched…^^

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze