Returning Player - What's Changed?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Sadaharu.9745

Sadaharu.9745

Hello All,

I played Guild Wars 2 for about a month when it was first released and ended up quitting due to a situation I was having in real life. That said, I logged on yesterday and found that the game was really quiet in comparison to what I remembered. The server I am on still says “Very High” population so I was surprised to see that absolutely nobody was talking in the main towns map chat.

I’m wondering if anybody can enlighten me on the current state of the game? What improvements have been made in the last while? Aside from a guild, is there a more sociable chat area? Have they added any additional endgame content such as Raids or max level dungeons? If so, how is the best way to go about finding a group for the endgame content?

Any comments will be appreciated, I’m just looking for some answers before I start investing a larger amount of time into this game again. Thanks for reading.

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

People are trending towards staying in LA or using gw2lfg to do dungeons. Hopefully that will be mitigated in the next few days.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

As far as chatty its hard to tell for me really. But Lion’s arch and the starting areas seem to still have a pretty large amount of conversation going on. With the Fractal dungeon in LA though it leads to mostly dungeon lfg spam and overflow there, which could hinder conversation. On my server Nord starting area is like troll city.

The Fractal dungeon is the only dungeon they’ve added recently to the “end game” and the ascended gear items you can acquire (you don’t necessarily need, but if you are completionist/need something to grind for/like doing doing dungeons it is good). With that we got the Lost Shores area that you can get to from LA (theres a boat you can take in LA), and its just another level 80 zone with new enemies (the difficulty is pretty high compared to the reward imo).

But I guess you know most of that already if you’ve only been gone about a month. xD

Posted by: Sadaharu.9745

Sadaharu.9745

Thanks for the replies, one thing I’m still curious about is what is there to do once you hit level 80? I’m only level 68 right now but the leveling process in this game is fairly quick so aside from going back and completing zones and doing pvp is there anything fun to do?

Posted by: MangoMan.3218

MangoMan.3218

Just vanquishing the hate. | Ziios, TC
http://www.youtube.com/MangoMiner

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

After getting best in slot gear for your character, what you do is up to you. I’m passively working towards a legendary. PvP is what I do though. It is never the same, thus never boring for me.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir