Returning after a year, need advice

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Firaga.7258

Firaga.7258

Hi guys, I apologized for making such a topic but I need an advice or two.

I’ve stopped GW2 for quite some time now, the last living world event iirc that I did was the one on Scarlet attacking the Queen’s Gauntlet in Divinity’s Reach (I think, lol). So I guess I missed out tons and tons of stuff since then. I have a level 80 Norn Guardian and I thought of re-run a new human guardian (or norn again i’m not sure) to get used to GW2 again.

Question is I’m not sure whether it is worth re-doing a character from scratch, or I should just continue my old character and run around discovering the new contents? Thanks

P.S: Off topic. If a guild would like to accept me that would be great too. I’ve got a feeling my old guild is gonna be empty and quiet. No need to be a guild with super strong characters, just want some people to chat with as I played. Thanks again

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Hi and welcome back

One of the things you missed was a change to how traits are acquired…. it is now a terrible and/or expensive endeavor (there is a thread in the 1st page or two here that details the issues.. it’s over 50 pages long at this point, with plenty of complaints). Given that issue, I suggest just keeping the toon you have at 80.

As to guild, do you want to WvW? If you do, then you need a guild specific to your server. If not, thanks to megaservers, you can join a guild on any server you like.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Elsdragon.5109

Elsdragon.5109

You can relearn your character simply by playing around with your level 80. Read up on your skills and traits, and maybe test run on some lower level areas first. Don’t do anything too demanding until you feel like you know what you’re doing (it’ll be good for both you and the people you play with).

You may also opt to roll a new class and while the NPE and the new trait system introduced last April have received many criticisms (mostly from veteran players), do not let those color your experience beforehand. If it happens to not be what you’d like or expected from GW2, then simply continue with your level 80 Guardian.

If you don’t mind a smaller more casual guild, feel free to add me up (I am in Sea of Sorrows server, NA). If not, you can always try asking in any of the five racial capitals or in LA for any guilds that are recruiting.

Welcome back to Tyria.

Firaga.7258

Hi guys, thanks for welcoming me. It’s good to be back. Alright, I shall continue running around with my character for now.

I don’t really do WvW, I only go there for map completion (and sometimes ended up being ambushed and dead). I don’t mind small and casual guild as long as its lively and fun I might also need help on dungeons, I forgot or don’t know how to do almost all of them (only run AC and CoF last time). The megaservers sound like an awesome addition in communicating between servers.

Just wondering, does champion farming zerg still exists? Lol

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I suggest having a look on the forum under guild recruitment. Most guilds looking for members will advertise there. You’re welcome to check out our guild, Knights of the Rose, based on Isle of Janthir (if you’re NA). They have a website, and also have a thread in the guild recruitment forum.

If you’re looking for champ/event farming, you should look at Frostgorge Sound (not quite the same as it used to be but still pretty strong). Also Cursed Shore has a large amount of people event/champ farming, thanks to those megaservers.

A lot has probably changed in terms of your weapons/skills on your current character. You might want to check the subforum for your class to read up on the changes and/or new meta builds. Dungeons haven’t changed, so maybe just check out a few youtube vids on whichever ones you want to try. The only thing now is that you get a finite amount of gold and tokens per day, per account, so you can’t just run CoF P1 20 times (well you could, but it will only “pay” once).

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Make sure you check out dry top. This new map has interesting concepts and ennemies.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Firaga.7258

Ah yes, am looking forward to the new maps! I’ll look for a guild via the guild recruitment page or post a thread later on. I still have other toons though, not sure which to go back to. Lol and anyway, thanks again guys.