I am looking for following:

- good open world/WvW runner ie:
— ranged weapon with good tagging capability
— perma self sustained swiftness or +25% running speed
— able to solo vetrans/champions in reasonable time
— not totally squishy even when in full zerker/viper
— good dps

- wanted in fractals & raids
- want to play a game, not organ (ie – no engineer pls)
- do not enjoy switching builds all the time (why or why is there no option to save builds…)

TY

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

Returning (again) - what to play?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I love my Ranger, but I don’t really Raid.

I think Profession choice is probably best a personal issue. No matter how good it may be at some game mode/feature/mechanic, if one doesn’t enjoy the gameplay, it won’t matter.

Good luck.

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

I have to say I enjoyed pretty much every class I have played in GW2…
My 80 are WAR, REV, MES, ENG, NEC and I liked to play all of them
(even ENG was fun at the start – disliked it because of 3 kit meta organ play & disgusting visuals)
Most fun for me me by far was MES gameplay – but as I tend to play a lot solo it is not really choice because of pathetic personal dps – I suppose this did not change?

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

stay away from rev. anet is angry with them atm

Arun Kar

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

What did you used to play before you left? That might be the best place to start.

Ryouzanpaku.1273

Revenant was my last main

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Ah they u might wanna try guardian or warrior. Both capable of stacking perma swiftness without traits iirc, though guardian plays more similar to revenant honestly, in that similar defensive maneuvers as well as similar boons applied on self. I tried guardian for a while but sadly it wasn’t for me. In most people’s opinion, warrior is too boring to play, as they are of the opinion it’s just faceroll one key and win. It’s actually more complicated then that, then again most classes have rotations that involve a set number of skills, as opposed to just one. Imo most ppl are of the opinion that warrior had simple roles in most groups, and mostly that’s true. But again, you want to be able to solo some champs esp in the new maps, then go with heavy class. I actually tried to solo one on rev when I was lvling him and failed – but that same encounter was easier to do on war, for example.

In regards to your other specs, guardian throughout evolution and progression of meta has generally had higher sustained dps than war. It seems a little bit unfair, but what can you do. Guardian as well excels at tagging multiple mobs easier, through use of staff. There used to be a funny and somewhat stereotypical paradigm of a staff guardian, not sure if it’s still on use but it was something laughable when u saw a pug guardian running a staff build, as they were thought to generally be terribad and unskilled players. As long as you’re only using it for aoe mob tagging though it shouldn’t be an issue. There something else that wasn’t mentioned, but yes warrior is technically faster for open world exploration/completion. This is bc of mobility they have sufficient amount of, whereas guard seems rather lacking on that front.

As well another thing to note is that revenant, to me honestly plays like a hybrid between thief/elementalist/guardian. Therefore, you can test out those diff classes to see where the similarities lie. Most ppl generally regard ele as the squishest class, so it might not be for you.

Arun Kar

Ryouzanpaku.1273

THX will consider Guard – even though I prefer passive movement speed to spamming it every few seconds.