Returning... any changes worth noting?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Nekrothaft.6390

Nekrothaft.6390

Haven’t played in 4 months… any changes to the game I should know?

Last I checked my Necro was at 80 farming something in cursed shore…
Any new stuff to do at lvl80 or should I continue leveling my ele?
Any changes to WvW ?

“Necros are in a good spot”…. let the kitten sacrifice commence.

Posted by: Yramrag.3026

Yramrag.3026

Lots of changes in 4 months. Better to just read through: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news

Posted by: Nekrothaft.6390

Nekrothaft.6390

Well I’m trying but there’s a ridiculous amount of update notes… was hoping for a sum-up..
Also.. what’s ascended gear?

“Necros are in a good spot”…. let the kitten sacrifice commence.

Posted by: Alkron.1345

Alkron.1345

Well I’m trying but there’s a ridiculous amount of update notes… was hoping for a sum-up..
Also.. what’s ascended gear?

Yeah I know what you mean, essentially, a ton of nerfs and buffs. It’s hard to consolidate it all.

Fractals of the Mist is a new set of mini-dungeons essentially. You run 3 mini-dungeons and on even levels (Start Personal Level 1, do a set of fractals, advance to Personal Level 2) and on those even level fractals (2,4,6, etc) there’s an additional boss. You may or may not have been around for that but by asking what Ascended Gear is, I assume you weren’t.

Ascended gear is a new tier of gear slightly better than exotic (maybe 1-5% better? in stats tops?) I personally find it marginal, however, it can give you Agony Resistance (AR) which is used to mitigate Agony, which occurs in boss fights, best described as a condition, however it can’t be mitigated and isn’t truely a condition, in Fractals Level 10+ (Agony damage increases every 10 levels so you need more and more AR over time).

Posted by: Alkron.1345

Alkron.1345

Oh, and a Laurel system that rewards you for completing dailies. If you complete 5 dailies from the list, you get a Laurel (10 for Monthly completion) and these can be used to purchase Ascended gear as well, among other items.

Also, Guild Missions were very recently added, most guilds, if at all, can do Guild Bounties.