Returning player

Returning player

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: theerrantventure.9185

theerrantventure.9185

Hey folks,

I have just come back to GW2 after a year. RL had my hands full for quite some time. My question is, where would you start back up? I have an 80 necromancer that has basic level 80 gear. I have 2 level 10 alts and just rolled a fresh character to feel out the game again.

I have followed up on the lore and events that have happened but wanted to ask the community their thoughts on the matter. What would you do in my shoes?

Cheers!

Trolls are like stray cats.
Feed them and they multiply.
Please do not feed them.

Returning player

Posted by: Loki.8034

Loki.8034

Get acclimatized with your profession and the game mechanics there has been many changes to necro and the game in the past year.

Once done set up some goals, what do you like to do: Farming? Crafting? WvWvW? PvP?PVE? Exploring?

Returning player

Posted by: theerrantventure.9185

theerrantventure.9185

Good advice. I mainly like exploring and questing. I have started by exploring the changes ankitten ow looking into crafting.

Trolls are like stray cats.
Feed them and they multiply.
Please do not feed them.

Returning player

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I fear you will be very alone in that. Most anyone that isn’t a brand new player isn’t out doing the open world stuff.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Returning player

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

It depends a bit on what you want OP. and if youre happy with your current profession (class) stick with it. If youre in doubt i would try everything.

Some professions play really different at higher level and there is a huge difference in playstyle per spec aswell. I had moments where i didnt enjoy playing my mesmer, untill i changed his build.

You could try out some professions in the mists (the pvp hub). There are some relatively challenging NPCs in the back meant as enhanced training dummies. They should give you a proper idea of a class’ rotation.

What i would do is look up some of the most popular specs on intothemists.com. Spec your character that way and test profession by killing those NPCs.

Once you did that i would pick a top 3 of professions and check some twitchstreams for each of them. You can talk to some exprienced players of each profession on these forums or on streams.

I fear you will be very alone in that. Most anyone that isn’t a brand new player isn’t out doing the open world stuff.

There are plenty of players in the open world still. I played this game since beta and im still enjoying the open world to be honest. And im seeing a lot of people in pretty much every zone.

(edited by Locuz.2651)